Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectwhat times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=1474
1474, what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by soldier101, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I hate my auto, tell me some good times so ill love it again
1477, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hmm, i havent hit the track since i went turbo...

i know dougie2 was hitting low 13s/high 12s with his...
1502, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by DSMkarz, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
For the love of all thats pure and good!!! that is awsome low 13s high 12s? I GOT TO GO BOOST!!!! As soon as I get a house(wifes orders)I can get boost. For know Im looking at all the trans mods,modern t.b., and ported manifold. In a way I think even if I had the money for the turbo kit I would still do these mods first. WELL enough dreaming for this post I've got Dr. bills to pay:-) My son is worth every penny:thumbsup
1503, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Oh yeah 18.53. Thats were the much much more in my sig comes in!
1515, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by Dark Ringleader, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
did you run with those 18's on? if so that is DEFINITELY where those 18.5's came from those mr7's aren't exactly light.
1525, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
16's flat or high 15's in the 14 at high altitude. For comparison I have not lost to an import that ive lined up against...many a honda, a GSR , 2 Type R's , A mercedes kompressor(sp?), and an some mustangs ( v6? maybe? ) and one v6 firebird. Dont go up against domestics much. but they run 14's or 15's.
oh and montecarlo SS' are easy.
1531, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
that was before I got the mr-7s I had the O.Z. wheels on sux huh.
1534, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by dougie2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
13.30s.... built motor, modded A604, 23psi, heat soaked starion. I'm upgrading the turbo compressor to a T4, ignition, head, intercooler, gettings slicks, and shooting for 12s next year.
1535, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by Gregstoofast, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i ran a 11.5 in the 1/8 mile...i dunno what 1/4 mile times will be...i'm goin to say high 14s low 15s

cai,p&p tb,msd coil pack and 8.5mm wires,plat+4 plugs,header,high flow cat,dual dtm styl muffler,final gear mod,and shift kit

1555, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by importzrule, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
18.9, only mod is a ram air intake, fully loaded with leather and all power, with a sunroof, and a sound system in my car of 2 12' subs, and 16's oz f1 rims. What times should I expect with the addition of a header/exhaust? Anyone know of a good PCM to take the place of ours, i hear the venom 400 sucks, and i dont wanna buy a 500 afx, or 330jet chip that id have to send mine in and have no car to drive till it gets back.
1556, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by KLIPZ22, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
^^^^^^ Dam that was more depressing , I thought it was suppost to cheer him up
1558, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would like to know. Who's the fastest NT auto without any internal engine mods? shift kits, trans. mods (other than 5 speed swap), etc are fine. No high comp, N20, cams, Turbo. I'd like to think I was in the 16's personally. I plan to run soon.
1577, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by discount_tyr420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i've run a 16.8....with my 18's, 10.3mm spark wires, and a filter change(not cold air, but a cone filter). so pretty much nothin on it. and that was launching from second. hoping for more after i get it back from the mitsu dealer:)
1640, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
damn factory freaks!
1643, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by woo2gnt97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
17.2 @ 79.5 my first time. I'm confident I can get around a 16.8. There are a few things I should've done to lower the times a bit.

Black 97 Eclipse RS a/t
17'' HP Typhoons
Goldline Springs w/ Tokico Blues
Nakayama CAI
Cat-Back Exhaust
Final Drive Gears
AFX UDP

Metallic Fiji Blue 92 3000GT VR4
Gutted pre-cats
K&N Intake
1651, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
if you think hes depressed think how i feel!!! But the odds were against me that day, i had subs and an amp in, no weight reduction, and a very hot muggy day, and slow reaction times, i would think on a cool day, and now that the spare tire and jack are out, and ive practiced on my jumps, I could prolly pull a 18.5 but my car is stock other than the ram air intake, ill get new times posted when i go to the track in a couple weeks after my upcoming vacation
1669, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by discount_tyr420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nah...my 16.8 aint no factory freak, just played with launches and such. cuz i figured if a standard 5-speed can get 16 flat we should be able to come close at least. but now i'll never see those times again. i got bad news about bent valves at the dealership...so its time for my 12.5:1 comp rebuild}( definatly hopin for a 12-13 sec auto-trans:)
1674, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
FREAK!!

nah it's just weird considering my friends auto RS pulled a 17.9 and sadly he could beat me when I had all the issues with my car... so yea...
1720, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by Phaxmohdem, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just ran a 17.9 my first time ever at the track. My mods are:

Short Ram
AFX UDP
TQ Lockup kill switch
GS-T Muffler
Bosch Platinum 4+ Plugs

(I ran 10 times, and 17.9 was the best, the rest were all 18's from 18.0-18.1's)

I'm going for the final drive gears shortly. Turbo's a bit outta reach for me and my budget.

1722, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by RyaN95i4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
back in the NA days: intake, muffler and empty trunk - 16.7@82

havent been back since turbo :shrug:
1732, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Good news, got faster! Before when running those 18.9's of mine with my fully loaded down gs my girls 02 cavy auto with just a fiberglass ram air hood and no extras would pull from mine after second gear in my car and she would keep about 1 car length on me the whole time, well i raced her again tonight after tightening up my throttle body so that it opened all the way and so that it was barely open when i wasnt on the accelerator to give it more response and a little more power, well, i took her and had about half a car length on her and still slightly pulling till she braked and backed off. Im going to the track this tuesday if weather permits, im gonna remove my subs, spare tire, jack, put in a gallon of 110 octane, prolly have about a half tank of gas and see what she runs with this new throttle body mod and the removal of all that junk in my trunk and ill post a time then, wish me luck!! P.S. just bought my muffler but it wont be on in time for the track maybe next time!
1773, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by WIKKI, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
17.7 @77 mph with all of the n/a mods.

not a dime will be spent on anything other than my turbo kit from here on.
1951, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Woo-whoo! 17.914 @ 78mph! with the 18's and all the same mods as the last time at the track. Changed driving habits and took the sper tire out:thumbsup Very happy right now:-)
1996, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
18.418, with a r/t of .165, only mods performance wise are denso iridium spark plugs, mopar perf plug wires, ram air intake, and muffler, not bad i dont think, this is launching from 2nd and revving up to 1500rpm for launch, with the spare tire/jack out, hoping to hit 17.9 with the addition of a underdrive pulley, header, and TQ lockup kill switch
1997, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
last night, 14.1@102

coming off the line very soft (read the tech forum at http://www.groundfloormotorsports.com/forum if you really wanna know why) and spinning top of 1st so bad tranny couldnt catch 2nd for shit.

ill go back when i can figure out why I cant power brake without going into limp mode...maybe then ill cut some 60's a lil better than 2.4's :rolleyes
1998, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sweet! you should talk to dougie2 about your stall speeds. he has a 3500 stall converter, but i dont think he is having limp mode problems like you said... im installing mine in a few weeks, so im sure well be in touch :-)
1999, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
I have a 3000rpm stall speed now, i just cant take advantage of it yet due to the limp mode issue.

i wrote about the problem in more detail at my message board, link in that last message
2003, RE: what times are some of you auto guys pullin, and with what mods?
Posted by Nomosun, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I ran a 10.57 1/4......but i was counting REALLLY slow...:P
I generated this page in 0.0089941024780273 seconds, executing 7 queries.