Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectYay got my car back after a month and now even more problems!!!!!!!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=1454
1454, Yay got my car back after a month and now even more problems!!!!!!!!
Posted by Dark Ringleader, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well if anyone has been keeping up with current events involving my car you would know I thought it was totalled and I had some major stuff going on. Well I got the car back last night $1100 in repairs later and she was running great.... until this morning... I go to leave my house for work, pop it into drive and it won't move... I give it a little gas thinking maybe I'm in a pothole or something and just won't move, the revs go up to about 3k then it pops into gear and goes. I think well maybe the tranny is just cold and doesn't wanna cooperate since the car hasn't been moving in the past month, but then why wasn't it doing it the night before? I hit 2 stoplights on my way to work and it does the exact same thing, I'm in drive, hit the gas, revs go to like 2500 or 3k I let off the gas and it pops into gear and goes. I also have a tranny fluid leak which we think is the front pump seal getting ready to blow. My fluid levels are fine right now, the leak is more of a drip but only goes after I've been driving enough to warm the car up. Once the car cools down it stops leaking which I'm assuming is because the fluid cools down and thickens. Any ideas anyone?
1456, RE: Yay got my car back after a month and now even more problems!!!!!!!!
Posted by SILVERNT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my old mustang had these exact same symptoms right before i blew the tranny, it seems wiered that a brand new rebuilt tranny would do this
1457, RE: Yay got my car back after a month and now even more problems!!!!!!!!
The tranny hasn't been rebuilt although it probably will need to be soon, it only has a little over 38k on it.
1458, RE: Yay got my car back after a month and now even more problems!!!!!!!!
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
time for a rebuild sounds like the TC is going, or you damaged it maybe cracked the flexplate,etc.. time to take it to a tranny shop and get it fixed, if insurance covered the other costs it will still cover this
1460, RE: Yay got my car back after a month and now even more problems!!!!!!!!
Insurance didn't cover any of it, it was all out of pocket, at this rate do you think I should try and buy parts for a beefy buildup since I'm boosting soon anyway? Might as well upgrade?
1468, RE: Yay got my car back after a month and now even more problems!!!!!!!!
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
its actually cheaper to buy performance parts and just have the tranny guys install that then to buy regular rebuild kits,etc..

1473, RE: Yay got my car back after a month and now even more problems!!!!!!!!
Yea I think I found where the leak is coming from but it ONLY leaks when I'm in gear, like I put some fluid into it, backed it out of my driveway and took it to the end of the street, got back to my house and there was a huge trail of tranny fluid up till a couple houses down when the fluid finally ran out or at least the fluid that goes to the area it's leaking from. I lifted both sides of the front of my car, and took the casing for the drive gears off because I had heard some grinding in the area when I put it from park into any gear, and then whining while it's in drive and grinding while decellerating. Theres fluid gushing out of everywhere in there, and it sounds like the gears are grinding/rattling a bit, but I'm hoping that is just in relation to the lack of fluid being where it's supposed to be. I'll get some pictures/videos of everything later today if someone is willing to host the vids for me.
I generated this page in 0.008836030960083 seconds, executing 7 queries.