Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectHOLY CRAP!!!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=123
123, HOLY CRAP!!!!
Posted by Joe B Slow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So....i took my transmission in. No big deal, they "say" its the transmission pump front seal. Great ok 650 your way mechanic. Well...just so happens they guessed...that it was that. They didnt KNOW 100% that it was. they never even took it down to check itx( So today they take it down and guess what? My differential pin decides to torpedo out into the casing around my torque converter causing a hole I can almost fit my hand into........x( x( x(

needless to say im pissed but hey eventually ill have a new transmission......

Joseph
125, RE: HOLY CRAP!!!!
Posted by ghostshellx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
thats what my first tranny did, man that sux
129, RE: HOLY CRAP!!!!
Posted by WIKKI, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
:-(
Dude. I'm so sorry to hear that. what are your plans from here?
132, RE: HOLY CRAP!!!!
Lining up a new transmission. Went to some websites that send out requests to salvage yards with transmissions. Trying to find the best deal for now. If you guys come across one be sure to give me the heads up on it.

Goog
221, RE: HOLY CRAP!!!!
Posted by soldier101, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
cough five speed swap }(
227, RE: HOLY CRAP!!!!
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>cough five speed swap }(

Booooooo hissssss.
Build that sucker up, weld the diff pin on the new one (or get the safing clips), get a new case and have it rebuilt with some better internals, gonna cost you close to the same and youll leave with a nicely built tranny.
228, RE: HOLY CRAP!!!!
There was no hope for a rebuild on this car. Ill take picures and post them on se.dsm.org when I go check it out either later today or next week. The hole around the torque converter was not even worth the time or money to fix. I dont even think it coulda been done.

229, RE: HOLY CRAP!!!!
Posted by KLIPZED, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think he meant more along the lines of rebuild a new tranny w/ aftermarket parts
230, RE: HOLY CRAP!!!!
"get a new case and have it rebuilt with some better internals"

What confused me:)

but yea now i think im getting the runaround from the salvage yard i ordered the transmission fromx(

354, RE: HOLY CRAP!!!!
Posted by Patroklai, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have a spare auto tranny, i can let off real cheap. i dont need it and where i live i prolly wont sell it ever.

30k miles. 97
356, RE: HOLY CRAP!!!!
Thanks bro, maybe. Turns out this new tranny I got has sludge and unusual amount of metal shavings in it. About to raise hell with the salvage yard who said they drove it and it was good to go.

The shop also said it may have water in it...

Joe

PS - keep me in mind about that tranny though!
I generated this page in 0.010716915130615 seconds, executing 7 queries.