Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectcooler done
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=1100
1100, cooler done
Posted by InFiNiT3, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey guys... just thuaght i'd tell ya i got my cooler in today... looks/runs nice....... i must have been running very hot cause it seems to shift smoother now.... oh ya and i decided to go with the hayden trans cooler.
(21$ @ auto zone)

97' Eclpse GS 420A
MODS*****
AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hifloc
1101, RE: cooler done
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
pics of the install? im putting mine in tomorrow. thanks amljbs for the pics yesterday. more than what i expected!
1102, RE: cooler done
Posted by amljbs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No problem with the pics :thumbsup . I also felt a difference after doing the cooler just seemed to shift better overall. Especially after being on the interstate for long periods of time.
1103, RE: cooler done
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
is 21 bucks a good intercooler or is it better to go with a b&m for 50?

how hard is it to install?
-------jezreel

1104, RE: cooler done
ya the 21$ cooler is a good one... (hayden) they also have a hi-pro one for about 35$ just another 2" worth of surface area. but the install was very easy...... prolly one of the easiest things ive ever done to the car.. took me about 20 mins to install with the mounting kit that was included.

97' Eclpse GS 420A
MODS*****
AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hifloc
1105, RE: cooler done
lol, mine was a pain in the ass trying to fit in in between the fmic and ac condenser, and moving pipes around to get to the line fittings. so i have a fmic, tranny cooler, ac condenser, then radiator lol.
1107, RE: cooler done
Atleast you remembered to clamp all the hoses tight :thumbsup . I on the other hand left one lose and dumped a gallon of tranny fluid on the garage floor.
1116, RE: cooler done
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks like i'll have a little project monday. i'll try the tranny cooler and then the oil cooler before the turbo goes in.

-------jezreel

1117, RE: cooler done
good idea jez.

wow, i dont know if its just me or not, but i think the cooler makes a big difference in how the car is shifting. it seems a lot smoother, at least at WOT. well worth the 30 or so bucks, especially if it saves your tranny...
1119, RE: cooler done
Just wondering about you guys and the coolers you have. I have noticed that no matter how hot the tranny gets my B&M cooler never seems to get anywhere near hot.
1120, RE: cooler done
Posted by Joe B Slow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hmmm. That doesnt seem right man. How did you run your cooler? Straight from the transmission or did you go through the stock cooler?
1121, RE: cooler done
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what are the sizes of the coolers you guys are using? my buddy got one from his work off of a saab and it's 10 inches long, 2 inches high, and 1.5 inches thick. would this be ok to use? i mean, it was free and all. if not, let me know what would be better and at a good cost.
later
1122, RE: cooler done
Free sounds good to me for a good price! Sounds like it'd work too. Just gotta watch what its made of. Ive heard of stock coolers getting so hot they collapse and bend and cut off fluid. Which would defeat the purpose of cooling. Give it a try though! Couldnt hurt.
1123, RE: cooler done
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
like the one i got is off a saab like i said. it's all shiny like stainless steal as compared to our stock black coolers. plus, it is 1 1/2 inches thick and 10 inches long so it seems it should be of some quality. oh well, i'll try and get it hooked up this weekend if it doesn't rain.
later
1124, RE: cooler done
I am getting flow from it trust me I know the fluids going through it :-). However the way I have it setup its in direct airflow and the fluid passes through the inline filter which is in an area where it gets airflow on the filter it then goes to the radiator and then to the cooler then back to the tranny. The cooler warms up but it doesnt get hot at all. When you feel the hose coming off the inline filter it feels nice and hot but when it makes it back out the cooler the hose is just slightly warm.
1134, RE: cooler done
Posted by python6586, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i was thinking about putting a tranny cooler in i was just wondering what lines to run it off of any pics would be appreciated.
1135, RE: cooler done
Take your intake off. Look straight down at your tranny. Two lines will be coming out. Run high pressure hose out of there into your tranny cooler. Pretty simple:).

1137, RE: cooler done
Posted by python6586, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok could i run a line from the tranny to a remote filter then from the remote filter to the cooler than back into the tranny. and if i would do this hot much if any tranny fluid would i loose or have to put back in. also where do those lines go to? the stock cooler? and would i have to take that out.
1138, RE: cooler done
Its pretty simple. Id totally get rid of your stock cooler. Its nothing more than one line going across your radiator. What you do is...

Do what I said in the other post. Follow the rubber lines coming out of your tranny. They will hit hard lines. Get rid of all that you see going to the radiator. Should be two rubber lines and two hard lines stuck together.

Now, get a cooler/remote filter. Run from the left line coming out of the tranny into the remote filter, from there go into the cooler "in", from the cooler "out" go into the right side of the tranny.

Thats pretty generic, can be set up many ways but thats pretty much the simple way. Just ditch those shitty stock hard lines. Cause you'll be getting 3/8 line from autozone if you do it the way I had it done. THe stock lines are teeny, dont want that.

If you need more help hit me up on AOL. Screen names in the sig.
1156, RE: cooler done
Posted by silvreclipsers, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

is this it? I'll be getting that soon if it is =o)
1159, RE: cooler done
yup there she is! have fun! :)

97' Eclpse GS 420A
MODS*****
1165, RE: cooler done
>
>
>is this it? I'll be getting that soon if it is =o)

thats the one i got:)

ps - i dunno if anyone else noticed, but somehow when my fans are on that cooler is situated so perfectly that the air hits it when im at a stop if the fans are on:). Its fast moving forced feelig air too. Thought id share.:D
1166, RE: cooler done
here is where i mounted mine. its the perma cool, i forget which model, but was around 30 bucks.

its right beind the fmic, in front of the ac condenser. i had a hard time finding a place for it, but managed to fit it perfectly right there...

I generated this page in 0.013293981552124 seconds, executing 7 queries.