Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectGet my car back tommorow :) (again...)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=816&mesg_id=816
816, Get my car back tommorow :) (again...)
Posted by Joe B Slow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Welp. Dirty Ill quit whining about how stupid the A604 is tommorow (hopefully). We had my transmission taken out of the place that wanted to charge us 2000+labor for a new built transmission to a place closer to my dads work in Nashville. The first quote of the new place was something like 1700 for the rebuild because they had to replace the planatary gear set.

What happened with the second transmission btw was the torque converter exploded....yikes right? Scared the piss outta me on I 65 going 60mph towards a corner.

Anyway, they got to rooting around the two transmission I now ownx( and they said "hey the planatarys in the older tranny with the hole in it look brand new we'll use them." That dropped nearly 500 off the price:). So now its only like 1300 for an almost complete rebuild. They're replacing pretty much everything other than major hard parts. I believe he called it a "soft rebuild" or something.

New clutches <-----}( }( }( Im most excited about new clutches:)

New seals <--- blah who needs em right? ;)

Well needless to say im excited as a serial killer at an Amway meeting :)

Joseph
I generated this page in 0.0094890594482422 seconds, executing 6 queries.