Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectRE: auto to manual swap questions
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=3143&mesg_id=3147
3147, RE: auto to manual swap questions
Posted by byakko125, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Chamuko
wait did i read right? you swapped out your auto ecu for the MT one? was this after your tranny died or before? our TCU communicates with the ecu to properly control the AT. No the sensors are different. as are the plugs that go to them. You also might want to pick up a cluster for the tach. all the hard lines and hoses. The longer bolts for the shifter assembly. the mounts and brackets. Look in the auto tranny section theres a write up. Im working on the pics for it. Its not hard really, all the holes are marked or drilled for you already.

well my tranny was going into limp mode and i was getting BS error codes (battery voltage when i just replaced w/ an orion and tested to 13-14volts, ect voltage, and battery temp sensor voltage) so i figured maybe ecu is fried and causing limp mode, i didn't know it was a manual ecu until i drove it to dealer to check the new code that came up (other codes cleared after switched ecu) which was iac code. driveability seemed the same, but if there was a problem with switching to manual ecu on auto tranny, i assume it would have gone into limpmode anyway?

also, where is the tcu?
I generated this page in 0.011547088623047 seconds, executing 6 queries.