Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectRE: Shift kit install gone bad!!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=134&mesg_id=302
302, RE: Shift kit install gone bad!!!
Posted by Dirty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just wanted to let you guys know (now that I've driven it for a while now) that I like it even more than when I first put it in. It seems that things have gotten so much better. I think the ecu (since it was reset when I did this) has learned that something is different and likes it and I just gotta say HELL YEAH! }( If you have the Final drive mod done you have to get this. I feel a big difference. I really started to feel it around 100 miles after I put it in. This is probably one of the top 3 mods I've done, and the best one for the tranny.

Like I said though, I drilled out the max. diameter and I have the Final drive gear mod too. I don't know how good this would be as an only mod for the tranny but I'm luving it.

And yes, a MTX has no more advantage over my ATX except getting off the line alot faster. :(

Note: I'm not talking shit here. It's still more fun to drive a MTX.

I had 3 runs on the street (I don't like to street race, long story, but I had to do it.) One MTX 2gNT Talon, one 95-96 Eclipse MTX and a Tiburon that I don't know the year.
The Tiburon didn't have a chance so I won't say anymore about it, but the DSM's were good runs. I talked to thenm afterwords and both had similar mods, they just spent more for the name. Both races went about the same. They both jumped ahead about a car length on the launch (can't find anyway around that) but when they shifted into 2nd I caught even, and when they shifted to 3rd I pulled about a half and then 4th I pulled even more and so on and so on. I think one guy was speed shifting cuase I didn't here his engine sound really change when he shifted. We shut it down at 100mph both times and both times I had about 1 1/2 cars on them.

The only advantage I had on them was I have no stereo and subs or shit. Just factory. I don't know how much their shit weighs but thats their problem. :) I also have my spare and tools removed. I don't know if they had theirs or not.

I just wanted to let everybody know that we can step up, we just have to go though more bullshit to get there. :thumbsup And thanx to everyone that helped out with the shit I was going through to get this done!
I generated this page in 0.0088498592376709 seconds, executing 6 queries.