Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectRE: couple trany ??? long (long response as always)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=176&mesg_id=193
193, RE: couple trany ??? long (long response as always)
Posted by shybuck, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well Thanx that is realy helpful. Now Yes I checked my fluid i neutral and running at idle on level ground. I used atf+4. I changed it about6 months ago, cause I found out the mechanic had installed dex/merc 3 instead of atf+3. That is when I found all the metal peices. It is probably not a severe prob. cause the tranny drives fine, it just makes some wierd noises and wont ingage all the way I geuss.

The same mechanic said the whistling noise was the convertor breaking in. That was about 2 yrs ago. It still makes the noise. No probs related yet. And it makes it at above 30 only!! While coasting not accelerating.

I bought the car from a ford dealership. An old lady owned it before my so I dont think she had any aftermarket shyt installed. She drove it alot though and it was hurting when I found it. Bad. They dealer wont cheap with everything of course tro fix it to. So they probably broke a line and spliced it together, instead of buying a new one. As the lines dont have flared ends.

I have only changed the fluid once:rolleyes sense I owned it. But have already replaced the tranny. The new 1 is the 1 I changed the fluid in. It had 30K miles on it when I installed in my car. Now about 50K. I only supect he changed it but I dont now for sure. He said it was fine before he installed it, but charged me for a change. It was pissing fluid when I picked it up after he changed the fluid, maybe. He said he never changed it so wasn't responsable for the leak and he charged me by mistake. But I dont no. So there may have been 40K worth of metal in there.

My tranny is out of a 98 avenger. It now has 50k on it.
I generated this page in 0.012452125549316 seconds, executing 6 queries.