Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectRE: hmm, was thinking about doing a 5 speed swap...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=1096&mesg_id=1099
1099, RE: hmm, was thinking about doing a 5 speed swap...
Posted by woo2gnt97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What kind of times are you pulling in the 1/4?

Imo it really matters. My first time I only pulled a 17.2 and was pretty embarassed that the civic/integra kids from my school were pulling mid to low 16's. However, it was my first time and I know I could've done better had I done a few other things. I totalled my car and just got it back all fixxed so I'll know soon enough.

I also saw a turbo a/t 2gnt a week or so ago only pull a best of 15.8 out of about 4 runs. I'm not sure if he had any tranny mods but thats kind of embarassing imo considering I watched VX100 pull a mid/low 15 in his NA car on opening night at the dragway where the conditions were actually much worse. Btw, VX100 sorry I didn't get a chance to say hi, but there were like 500 people there :P

I mean, I've toasted a few m/t in my town and embarassed them quite badly for knocking my auto but if getting a m/t swap will make me a full second faster (that would be 16.2 currently), then I don't see why not. Especially since its about $500. Thats about the cost of an exhaust right there and I gaurantee an exhaust wont make you a full second faster.

So, if you're pulling a mid to high 14 in your turbo car then I say more power to the auto. But if you're not, then you'll get that w/ a m/t probaly.

Just my 2 cents.

Black 97 Eclipse RS a/t
17'' HP Typhoons
Goldline Springs w/ Tokico Blues
Nakayama CAI
Cat-Back Exhaust
Final Drive Gears
AFX UDP

Metallic Fiji Blue 92 3000GT VR4
Work in progress
I generated this page in 0.0078039169311523 seconds, executing 6 queries.