Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST)
Topic subjectFS: '96 Dodge Avenger (420a) Part Out
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=79011
79011, FS: '96 Dodge Avenger (420a) Part Out
Posted by xer0trigger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Bought the car practically new, then I passed the car on to my girl, and now after giving us 10 years of service, the car must move on. Since I probably won't get anything out of it, I was considering parting it out, if there's enough interest. Here's the specs:

Black '96 Dodge Avenger ES
140k mi
Inline 4 cylinder (420a)
5spd tranny
loaded with every option available
Grey leather interior
All stock parts, except the wheels

Wheels are 17" Konig Monsoons with almost new Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's on them, 225/45R17. Painted silver, polished lip. There is some rust on some of the lip on one or two wheels, nothing that couldn't be buffed off I'd imagine.

Interior is in pretty good condition except the bottom door panels are kinda beat up, and the stitching in the passenger seat came apart (can be sewn).

Exterior needs paint pretty bad. No rust on the panels, but the clear coat has flaked off in several places.

Car runs strong but burns oil, probably needs either a head gasket or rings. Would be great for a rebuild though. Always run on Mobil1 synthetic, until it started burning oil a few months ago (switched to thicker dinosaur oil to slow the process).

That's all I can think of at the moment that's wrong with it, everything else is in pretty good shape. Most interior parts are in good shape, the exterior panels could easily be repainted, the engine needs a minor rebuild, the tranny is flawless, and all the electrical stuff works except the stupid door sensors.

If you're interested in anything send me an email or post here. If I get enough interest I'll start parting it out.

Also, if anyone just wants to take it off my hands, contact me and we can work something out.

Thanks,
-Travis
79020, RE: FS: '96 Dodge Avenger (420a) Part Out
Posted by etx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'll take the trans if it's in working order. Why are you parting it out? What's wrong with it?
79274, RE: FS: '96 Dodge Avenger (420a) Part Out
Posted by J, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'll echo the above ^^^^^^^ I'm just 3hrs south of U ;)

- J
79275, RE: FS: '96 Dodge Avenger (420a) Part Out
Posted by 95eclipse420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I NEEEEEED a manual tranny REALLY bad. Please let me know if you still have it. My car is down until i find another trans. thanks.
79281, RE: FS: '96 Dodge Avenger (420a) Part Out
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I need the grey leather door inserts if they're in good condition.
I generated this page in 0.011192083358765 seconds, executing 7 queries.