Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST)
Topic subjectFS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=70439
70439, FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I really hate to do this, but I had a sudden realization that I am a jackass for paying an arm and a leg for car payments on my Evo and trying to start more project cars at the same time. I really need to sell this car to help make ends meet. I will unfortunately be selling the Evo as well as soon as this RS is sold. Time to get my life on track financially. I have plenty of loans I could be paying off instead of having 3 fricken project cars at the same time.

Specs:

1996 Eclipse RS
Manual Transmission
111,xxx miles
Grey interior, black exterior. (both in great shape)
Comes with the following:
-AEM Cold-air intake, red.
-Uninstalled, new-in-box coilovers. Not sure of the brand.
-Clear corners.
-Kenwood CD player head unit.
-MB Quart front speakers and tweeters with crossovers.
-Very loud alarm with keyless remote entry.
-Converted to power locks to work with the alarm, but still manual windows.
-Floor mats
-Two ricey shift knobs. (blue Tenzo R and fake carbon fiber)

I will also throw in two Kenwood 10" Subs and a Kenwood 600w amp for $250 extra. (Worth around $650.)

The engine currently has a bent rod in the #1 cylinder and does not run very well. (it does run, but knocks). I can fix the engine and sell it, or sell it as it is right now for much cheaper.

I am asking $1,450 with the current engine, or $2,450 with a good engine.

The wheels pictured do not come with the car. It will be on the stock 14" alloys.

As for condition, the pictures speak for themselves:

There is a little wear on the bottom part of the front bumper, but you can really barely see it at all. There is a small tear on the driver side which you can't even see in the picture above. There are some small scuff marks on the passenger side of the car behind the rear wheels, but they are scuff marks only and can be buffed out quite easily. There are no dents.

The A/C works very well and I was told by the previous owner that a new OEM clutch was installed about 3,000 miles ago.

No, I will not be parting the car out. If you email me telling me I can make more money by parting it out, I already know. You do it then. :)

Blue Book on the car is $3,210 in "Good" condition, which this car certainly is. (or will be once the block is replaced.)

Edit: Forgot to mention that the car was originally a California car and has never seen a winter in its life. There is zero rust on this car. It is pretty amazing.
70455, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Malenko - buy this car and finally do your tranny swap.

Great deal on this car. Outrageous deal. I'd pick it up in no time if I was within 300 miles.
70462, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by Malenko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Id love to but I cant swing the extra dough right now, maybe I'll buy his EVO instead...its a manual ;)

on a side note, thats one of the cleanest looking 95/96s Ive ever seen.
70464, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
As soon as this RS sells, the Evo goes up for sale too. I need the money from this car to help pay off a cheaper daily driver so I can sell the Evo. Otherwise if I sell the Evo now, I won't have a car to drive.

So please spread the word. :)

The car is extremely clean inside and out.
70465, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
*sigh*
70466, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
I knew you would be upset Dino. I just need to get myself out of this stupid financial situation. There is no way I could fund a race car right now. I can barely afford rent each month. :(
70467, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by a_miller_76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You're in the same boat as me dude. I see cars and want to do a billion things to them, but in reality i need to pay off my financial problems first. Sucks, but that's what growing up is about I guess.

If you replace the engine in it I'll buy the blown one off you. No, not asking you to part it out, just sayin.
70468, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If i had the money, i'd buy it right now. Too clean, would make a sweet daily.
70475, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Originally posted by DarkOne
If i had the money, i'd buy it right now. Too clean, would make a sweet daily.

Well I wish you or Jeff were closer. I really need this car out of here.
70477, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
well if you just need a storage spot for it I have plenty of room. I could throw a couple hundred a month atcha for it, but cant lump sum it; of course Id want it running and Ive been told you have the hook up on engines and what not.

such a sweet ride too, even with the smilie ;p
70489, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by Jen, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
I can barely afford rent each month. :(

You can come live with me if you want :shrug

Can't you fix it up (without turning it into a race car) and use it as a daily driver?
70513, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by dougie2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Jeff - how much for the car as-is... delivered to Nashville, TN? LOL. I'm serious though. Actually, maybe we could meet half-way? Let me know. e-mail me.
70516, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Originally posted by dougie2
Jeff - how much for the car as-is... delivered to Nashville, TN? LOL. I'm serious though. Actually, maybe we could meet half-way? Let me know. e-mail me.

Well I have a few Maryland buyers interested. It would be a lot easier for them since they aren't three states away. :). If you can get to Maryland it is yours though! (unless someone else buys it first, of course.)
70521, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by townies run this, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
this mean you aint still interested in that block from my parts car? either way is cool, just let me know so i dont get it towed away with your shit still in it.
70547, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Originally posted by townies run this
this mean you aint still interested in that block from my parts car? either way is cool, just let me know so i dont get it towed away with your shit still in it.

I'm not sure what is going to happen yet. I will keep you informed though. Thanks for your patience.
70552, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
I can help him pull the block if you'd like, and I wasnt joking about tossin a hundred or so a week at you for the car, I got one last car payment on my eclipse and its mine and that'll free up ALOT of dough flow.

Id love to have a 96 MTX for a daily driver while I get the 98 ATX all tuned up and tricked out. Maybe its fate that I have 2 DSMs?
70563, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by cougar694u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Malenko
Id love to have a 96 MTX for a daily driver while I get the 98 ATX all tuned up and tricked out.

While you're in SA, help me pull that ATX and I'll cut you a deal on it...
70567, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
I can help him pull the block if you'd like, and I wasnt joking about tossin a hundred or so a week at you for the car, I got one last car payment on my eclipse and its mine and that'll free up ALOT of dough flow. Id love to have a 96 MTX for a daily driver while I get the 98 ATX all tuned up and tricked out. Maybe its fate that I have 2 DSMs?

I would love to sell you the car, but I really need the money up front unfortunately. This money is going to help me buy my next daily driver. I can help you with whatever work you need for sure, but I don't really think the payment plan is an option. Sorry.
70569, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
DOH. This would be perfect for me as a DD. God damn country being too big.
70575, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
I wish all you people that want it were close enough to actually buy it. :)

This is a pretty damn good deal. I hope someone jumps on it soon.
70629, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Well I have around 6 people very interested, but no deals yet. Come on people!
70650, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by cougar694u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well I have around 6 people very interested, but no deals yet. Come on people!

If I was in your area, it would have been sold already, that thing is super clean.
70656, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by lickscissors, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
whats your address...im from pa..
doug
70661, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
The car is in westminster, MD. 21157

I am about 15 minutes to the PA border in central Maryland. About half an hour from Gettysburg.
70718, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
If this car isn't sold by Sunday night I am putting it on Ebay with a $1,450 reserve. This will basically be the last chance to get it at that price. I really want it to be in the hands of a 2GNTer. Come on guys, it would make a really great daily driver or track car. Hook a brother up. :)
70724, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
*sigh* I want it, can drop a few hundred on it up front, but I already swore I was buying the turbo kit from that guy and I cannot go back on my word. I can get that block form that guy here too, if youre willing to come get it and drop it in.

Im going on vacation too, so I cant hit the banks up on monday and see about a small loan, unless you're willing to hold the car an extra week for lil ole me.

Im adding this to my sig:

as a reminder, I want the car!
70732, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
I will hold it as long as I can. I put it on the DSM Trader and Tuners and already have a few responses from there as well. I don't want you to have to take out a loan though just for the car. Debt sucks. Granted it is only for $1,500.

Just let me know. I will hold off on Ebay until I hear from you.
70787, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Car is sold. YAY! (Now time to sell the Evo.) Look for a post soon.
70788, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Car is sold. YAY! (Now time to sell the Evo.) Look for a post soon.

Good times (sort of). It's good to simplify life sometimes. :thumbsup
70871, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by optikal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
;-)
71077, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
fuck, Im still on vacation, I wanted it too, I know I got the credit for a 2K loan, I just paid off my 2G :/
71078, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
fuck, Im still on vacation, I wanted it too, I know I got the credit for a 2K loan, I just paid off my 2G :/

Talk to the guy right above you!
71082, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
hey if you want it that bad Malenko, it's yours
71084, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Originally posted by optikal
hey if you want it that bad Malenko, it's yours

I don't care who gets it, as long as it is gone this Saturday morning :)
71133, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
well I dont get back till 11pm sunday night. I would need to buy it with the engine fixed (my credit union told me car loans cannot be issued for non working cars), if optikal is buying it as is, its better off going to him. Besides optikal is a cool guy so Id be happy knowing the car is in good hands.
70872, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by kain_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
(Now time to sell the Evo.)

Not the evo too =<[br />
71136, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by 95dsmrsproj, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow, you're like a half hour away from me...wish I knew about this back when the first post was made..I'd have dug the money up somehow...lol
71137, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

:wallbash
WTF? I REALLY need to start checking this section more often. I would've grabbed that thing in a sec. SOOO CLEEEEEAAN!!!!!
71151, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
well go ahead and grab it up guys, i'm not that partial to it. i'm having problems lining up my tow guy anyway
71192, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
I am not about to take away an agreement you made already, but if it falls through for some reason or another... I will do everything in my power to attempt to put the money together ASAP. My car is full of dings..on evey panel, and it would save me the time in what bodywork I need to do. I have so many projects going on right now, this would be a load of weight off my shoulders. You give the word Optikal,(only if you are sure) and I will know by tomorrow evening whether or not I can do it for sure. Thankyou, Mark
71215, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
hey man, if you want it it's yours. i probably wouldn't have kept it very long anyway. i have so many cars in my lot at the shop it's rediculous.
71221, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Thankyou Eric, I really appreciate it. I'll get on it first thing in the morning and post as soon as I know for sure. My shop has been so slow for the last 2 weeks, I'm sure I can get away for a couple hours tomorrow to take care of this.
71234, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Well shit. I hope you can make this work out Mark. I need this car gone. I was REALLY hoping it would be out of here this Saturday. (KInd of counting on it).

Please let me know.
71254, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Got the loan, but I need you to contact me ASAP so I can go through the crap to finalize the loan...I have the loan approval certificate, but need your help to complete the deal and issue you the check. (can be done by Fri evening or Sat morning) PM sent. I need a notarized bill of sale, and the title for the Loan company. Call me...I'll explain. WooHoo Hope the title is all clear. I'll do all the travelling, just get back to me as soon as you can. Thanks, Mark
72878, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Thanks again Jeff, and thankyou Eric for letting it go. Just a little update on the progress: engine is ready to be pulled tomorrow, and I've found bits of piston skirt material lurking beneath the small amount of oil still in the oil pan. I just hope I can get my engine stand into my car to take to work without disassembling it. I'm planning on throwing my engine/tranny in so I can rebuild this one to handle some major abuse. We'll see what happens...lol. Best Regards, Mark.
72879, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
sounds cool man, good luck with it. glad it's going to someone who has more time to work on it.
72884, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
you dont need the extra tranny, put it in my car
72909, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
I'm glad everything worked out Mark. Now just hook me up with a state inspection on my Spyder. :thumbsup

Glad you are happy with it and I'm looking forward to seeing it back on the road.
73169, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Well here's the verdict. The rod is bent like a macaroni noodle, which caused the piston to contact the crank. The crank cleanly plowed its way through the piston skirt in cylinder 1 leaving a nice grooved pattern. All bearings are in great shape, and all bearing lands are good as well. There is no noticeable wear on the inside of cylinder 1 after the engine has been completely dissasembled/crank removed. There is no damage to the block whatsoever. My buddy at work says I've got a horseshoe up my ass or something...lol. I'm going to have the bore checked at the machine shop across the street from my work anyway, and the crank checked/everything magnafluxed. They told me that there was a good possibility that the engine was hydrolocked causing the minor destruction??? I dunno. The head is untouched, and the tranny is great with a new clutch as was stated. Just call me when you're ready to do the inspection Jeff. The tranny will be up for grabs if the price is right, and I'll have the shift linkage/shifter assembly to go along with it. I'd like to keep it so I can put the LSD in and do a quick swap(no down time) but money is tight right now. I'll be completely parting out my 95 RS soon in the for sale section(minus body parts..they are banged up anyway). Mostly parts that can be removed while leaving the car driveable for now. Next step is to paint the engine bay to prepare for the new paint job before my motor goes in.
73171, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
Yes Mark, the previous owner hydrolocked the engine which is why he sold it. I was going to fix it but ended up selling it as is.

I need that inspection almost immediately. Is it possible to get that done this Saturday? :)

Glad everything is working out with the car.
73198, RE: FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Cheap.
I'll call tomorrow then let you know...not sure they are open on Sat. Either way I'll let you know.
I generated this page in 0.011828184127808 seconds, executing 7 queries.