Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST)
Topic subjectFS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=30154
30154, FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by siueclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Pronounce it: (I) ces

Would you like to play mp3s, watch movies, use GPS to plan trips, wireless internet and even datalogg your car’s sensors and use wideband readings at the same time? How about engaging the computer with a wireless keyboard and mouse, or even a touch screen? Then I have something for you.

I have designed a car computer. This car computer can play mp3s, dvds, divx, uses GPS, dataloggs your car and has wideband o2 capabilities. Cool eh? Well, I have something that will hold thousands of albums in mp3s form along with tons of divx movies.

My car computer comes as a base model and you can add the extra features to it as you want them. The base system comes with…

AMD XP 2400+ CPU
512mb RAM
120GB Hard Drive 8mb cache hard drive
4x DVDRW
Dual VGA Outputs (in case you want 2 LCD Touchscreens) also, TV Out!
Computer Power supply with smart technology
• The dc to dc power supply will automatically turn your computer on when you start the car. It will not cut the power to the computer while starting it. The power supply tell the computer to shut off when you turn the key off and will give the computer enough time to shut down before cutting off power.
Dolby Digital 5.1 Output
Computer Case (which mounts in the hatch area just behind the rear seat on the hub). All mounting hardware included.

If you want a better computer system, just let me know, we can talk about it.

7” LCD Touch screen interface with mounting hardware, power adapter for home or car, and all cable necessary to install. This LCD Monitor can display 640x480 resolution all the way up to 1600x1200 resolution in perfect quality. This isn’t a cheap screen that uses tv inputs like you find on ebay. This screen will blow your mind with its clarity.

The base system will cost them: $1400

Now.. if you want to add GPS to the unit. Add $175

If you want to add datalogging and wideband hardware and software with the o2 sensor, add $350. The datalogging software will display output in real time on the LCD and also save the information for you. The software can compare any variables you want to the wideband o2 readings.. in real time or of course saved for later viewing.

Wireless internet will be varied depending on your cell phone service but the unit will be capable of using your cell phone to access the internet.

If you would like a wireless keyboard and mouse, add $30.

This unit comes completely ready to go with a customizable user interface, I personally made a Mitsubishi interface ;). The kit will come with everything you need to install from wires, cables, and even screws. You simply install it into your ride. Oh, and of course, you will get a detailed instruction manual.

The only thing you will need is a headunit with auxillary audio inputs. I just picked up a Pioneer headunit with audio inputs and xm radio for $90 bux on ebay.

Quick Recap:

Base System: $1400 Includes computer and 7” LCD Touch screen with all necessary mounting and installation hardware.

Add GPS receiver and software for $175
Add Wideband + Datalogging Hardware and Software with o2 sensor: $350
Add Wireless Keyboard and mouse (which you don’t need): $30

Base System $1400
Best System $1955

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I will do my best to answer them. I will have pictures available for everyone by the weekend.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot about something. The datalogging software and hardware will be capable of monitoring your egt temps, fuel pressure, oil.. basically anything. That part is still in developement, expect it in 2 months or so.
30155, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
btw.. there is a group buy for this with a cheaper price in the group buy area.

james
30157, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
dood, you are such a pimp. lets see some pics. btw, i am broke or i would so get it! if i bought a comp like that, i would put it in my house. :-) i am rockin the 1.2 tbird athlon. it is still a beast, but not that much of a beast. :thumbsup keep up the good work....and fix your sig pic. :thumbsup
30158, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
hehe yeah, i need to get gsturbo.com working again but ive been too busy with this project. ill have pics available this weekend after i finish the install.

James
30160, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by Mattchew, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, I would like to see more details. Do you warranty the hard drive not to shock? the reason I ask is there was a guy a while back who tried this and went through hard drives every two months. Also I would love to see some pics as well.

30161, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Originally posted by Mattchew
Yeah, I would like to see more details. Do you warranty the hard drive not to shock? the reason I ask is there was a guy a while back who tried this and went through hard drives every two months. Also I would love to see some pics as well.

I will warranty the hard drive without question. The case is being built to be shock proof. :)

More pics this weekend.

James

EDIT: Sorry, I should have said.. I warranty everything. I am a distributor of all the parts going into this package.

30164, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by finxster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This sounds like a great system! I also have an in-car computer that I built, but mine is only a 1Ghz. This is a great deal!
30165, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
thanx, it is a very nice system.

btw.. just so everyone knows.. i can make the computer base system cheaper by building a computer with less power.. but im a power user in the computer world so i like lots o power.

the best thing about this.. its been tested, works great, its a full kit.. and im even open for tech support over the phone :)

James
30170, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
More details please...

What motherboard are you using? Epia??
What Dc-Dc power supply are you using? Opus I hope.

Also What model of screen is it and is the TC built in or an overlay?
If an overlay is it usb?
NITS of the screen?

What front end are you putting on these boxes? Mediacar? AiPC?

Sounds pretty good, but car-puters can be a touchy bitch.

If you guys need more info or want another forum to read about car computers come on over to www.MP3CAR.com

-Chris b.
30171, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Asus motherboard
Opus power supply
Exnarc 700TS
Im going to include a cd with multiple front ends. Let the person chose. I like mediacar personally.

Basically.. Im use the best parts only. Not junk.

btw.. I can beat whatever price you find on the net for the individual pieces/prices. Im a retailer for everything mentioned that goes into this system.

30172, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
damn.. i keep forgetting things...

EVERYTHING is built into this computer. The datalogging hardware and software circuitry is built into the case.. You just hook up the wires.
30174, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Good stuff. Thats a fair price for sure since it includes that screen. NOt a hong kong knockoff. Thats the same monitor i am using.
We should chat sometime.

-Chris b.
30175, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
send me an aim

dmbonirc
30176, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Originally posted by djtrickee
Good stuff. Thats a fair price for sure since it includes that screen. NOt a hong kong knockoff. Thats the same monitor i am using. We should chat sometime. -Chris b.

well.. it also includes the datalogging and wideband solution ;)

30177, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System

30178, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
WOW. I am absolutely amazed. That is SOOO cool that you put something like this together. Damn I'd give you points but they probly don't even mean anything!! LOL keep the good stuff coming till I get some Money....hehe..Need anymmore testing done???haha:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
30179, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Originally posted by Blizare
WOW. I am absolutely amazed. That is SOOO cool that you put something like this together. Damn I'd give you points but they probly don't even mean anything!! LOL keep the good stuff coming till I get some Money....hehe..Need anymmore testing done???haha:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

haha.. thanx for the good comments.

ill take some video just for you this weekend :thumbsup
30182, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by finxster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Can I see some pics of yours installed?
30183, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Originally posted by finxster
Can I see some pics of yours installed?

thats what ill be doing this weekend. dont have access to a camera till then.. kinda stupid.. i have all this equipment, but no camera lol

James
30191, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sounds good. maybe build in a dfi kinda system, and im all in. }(
all this from that little computer shop you were in when i met you? damn.:thumbsup
30193, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by redeclipset, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
AMD XP 2400+ CPU
512mb RAM
120GB Hard Drive 8mb cache hard drive
4x DVDRW
Dual VGA Outputs (in case you want 2 LCD Touchscreens) also, TV Out!
Computer Power supply with smart technology
• The dc to dc power supply will automatically turn your computer on when you start the car. It will not cut the power to the computer while starting it. The power supply tell the computer to shut off when you turn the key off and will give the computer enough time to shut down before cutting off power.
Dolby Digital 5.1 Output
Computer Case (which mounts in the hatch area just behind the rear seat on the hub). All mounting hardware included.

I'm very interested. Im more worried bout how it looks. How big is it and where should it be mounted. It does have xp and works like a normal computer would with xp and everything right?
30204, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Originally posted by redeclipset
I'm very interested. Im more worried bout how it looks. How big is it and where should it be mounted. It does have xp and works like a normal computer would with xp and everything right?

For right now, the case will be mounted behind the rear seat. You know that little ledge just behind the rear seat? Thats where. Im about to make a model that will fit under our seats which will be a little more expensive, or I can make a head unit sized computer which will be even more expensive that you can actually mount in your dash under your existing stereo.

Here are the two cases im starting out with.

30205, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
oh.. and down the road.. this is the DIN sized unit that im going to make. (DIN sized is about the same size as your head unit in your car)

this is just the case for it. parts are very expensive though.

30271, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
I have seen this case, Xenarc makes this exact same computer for in dash but it only comes with a 1.3g processor. It's like $900 for the CPU and 500 for the TS monitor. A buddy of mine was telling me there was a company at CES that actually has a 2.4G processor unit that is in dash and comes with GPS and the works.
30203, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Originally posted by grain
sounds good. maybe build in a dfi kinda system, and im all in. }( all this from that little computer shop you were in when i met you? damn.:thumbsup

yup.. all comes out of here.

James
30206, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
very interesting...wish I could afford something like that...maybe in the future.Thats way more computer power then I have in my house and more then what I need for my car IMO

will it have standard ports so we could plug stuff like an EIC into it and everything?

way way cool :thumbsup for you efforts

*edit* any chance of a DIN flip up touch screen? I like clean and as stock looking as possible interior.
30209, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
you should make it the whole size of that little indent behind the back seats with neons. Or just made it look like stock and that it was meant to be there. That would give it all the space you would need for everything inside the case and have dvd and extra ports when you flip the rear seat down. Just a suggestion though. I'm seriously thinking about getting one after the holidays. But i might just get the fty 2.2 first.
30214, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
it does come with standard port so you can plug anything into it that you would normally plug into a computer.. keep in mind, like i said before, the price can go down if you choose to have the computer be less powerful. you can get by with a 1ghz machine if you wish.

there is no way of having a din sized unit with flip out lcd.

james
30215, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would be VERY interested in this for my SRT.
30219, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Originally posted by Uberingram
I would be VERY interested in this for my SRT.

let me know what you would like to do. any system specs can be changed.. if you only want a slow computer and the wideband stuff with the screen, then the price would be lower

James
30222, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
you need a head unit? I would like mine to replace where the head unit goes. Is there any way that it could be used to listen to radio and xm without using a head unit. I just want to use this system to control all my audio and video.
30224, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
you need a head unit? I would like mine to replace where the head unit goes. Is there any way that it could be used to listen to radio and xm without using a head unit. I just want to use this system to control all my audio and video.

you can listen to normal fm radio, but not xm at this time. you dont need a headunit, however.. i personally want to have one still for fm radio and xm radio, not to mention the ability to tune the audio better.

James

30231, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
thats awesome. Approx. how much would it be with like a 40gig hd. and just a dvd player. Maybe also with a 1.8ghz proc.
30240, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
thats awesome. Approx. how much would it be with like a 40gig hd. and just a dvd player. Maybe also with a 1.8ghz proc.

I could do it for about 1200

James
30254, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
http://www.tektonicconsulting.com/ices/

I built a little website with some prices and packages.. sorry my first estimates were a little off. I forgot the dc to dc power supply in the pricing.

Keep in mind folks. These things are hand built. Even the datalogger and wideband circuit boards are hand made.

James
30272, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
err responded in the wrong area. Nice cases, I especially like the in dash one. I have seen this case, Xenarc makes this exact same computer for in dash but it only comes with a 1.3g processor. It's like $900 for the CPU and 500 for the TS monitor. A buddy of mine was telling me there was a company at CES that actually has a 2.4G processor unit that is in dash and comes with GPS and the works
30319, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
yeah the xnarc setups are very expensive for little power.
30320, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Really though it is only like 1500 bucks. Not that expensive when you consider the fact that it oly weighs three pounds and fits in a din slot in your dash. Also 1.3 GHZ processor is not that bad for a in car unit. Honestly I can't understand why you would need a super big processor for a in car unit because any app your going to run in your car is not going to eat up very much processing power at all. That is unless you plan to do some 3D rendering, photoshop, or play Quake from your car which would suck if you were alone :)

30325, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
the din sized unit also can't have the wideband and datalogging equipment im putting in mine. furthermore.. my unit also plays divx movies (dvd rips).. you need at least a 1.6ghz cpu to run the movies.

30335, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
ill tell you what.. ill do a little research and see what i can build it for.. i bet i can do better.

james
30338, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
basicly the only thing i noticed that was different in the different priced kits (other than touch screen vs. non) was the size of the processor and hard drive. this correct?
30339, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
That's cool, but you don't have to have a 1.6ghz processor to run movie files. I have a laptop with a 800mhz prosessor and they run fine.
30340, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
divx movies? divx isn't dvd movies.

looks like i can sell the din sized unit.. 1ghz, 256mb ram, 60gb hard drive, dvdrw for $900 bux.. add $450 for the screen.. youre at 1350

james
30360, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
1.6ghz for divx. I don't think you need that much. I could of sworn my 1ghz laptop ran divx just fine but I might be wrong,
30361, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
I'm pretty sure I ran divx on my 750:shrug

*edit*

Not to undermine your work...I think your putting out an awsome product...props to you:thumbsup
30362, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by widebodied, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hmmmm, the ability to do away with all guages, im in, keep me updated.

DWAYNE H
1996 eclipse
under construction widebody eclipse, targa top, 19inch rollers, big brakes, 10 point custom cage, frank 2.4 hrc s20g turbo, custom marble paint job

2000 Yamaha R-1, 165rwhp 117 ftlbs tq
30363, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
nice product would love to have one :thumbsup
30413, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by Malenko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
can you sell just the screen separate? the ebay screens are crap quality and while I'd love to put a "carputer" in my ride Im putting an XBOX in mine instead, but Im not sure I wanna settle on a less then stellar screen.

if you could email me, thatd be awesome Id prolly get 2 non touch screens if the price is right.

Thom

LLiNRAC at comcast.net
30433, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Originally posted by Malenko
can you sell just the screen separate? the ebay screens are crap quality and while I'd love to put a "carputer" in my ride Im putting an XBOX in mine instead, but Im not sure I wanna settle on a less then stellar screen. if you could email me, thatd be awesome Id prolly get 2 non touch screens if the price is right. Thom LLiNRAC at comcast.net

ill send you an email tonight about the screens. the best resolution quality you will get is by using a vga cable though. the rca connection looks good, but not as good as the vga cable.
30488, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Hey dude.. if you buy two screens, I can get them to you for $250 each plus shipping.

7” TFT LCD Monitor w/ 2 AV inputs, 1 output, remote control, and built-in speaker Comes with cigarette lighter adaptor.

30542, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
oh come on now! who are you to resist.. my children needa wine!

(simpsons)

hehe
James
30681, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
UPDATE:

New images of in dash unit.

1Ghz
256mb ram
80gb hard drive
8x dvd slimline drive
fits in your dash under your head unit!
Only $750 bux, custom built with warranty!
Add the 7" TFT LCD Touchscreen interface for only $450 more!

30690, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by CVedEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ooh... now you really have my attention... like said above... if you could get it to work with an indash screen... id be on it NOW!! }(

do you think you could get it to work with the pioneer or kenwood fold out dvd touch screens?
30691, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
also..do you have any pics of your setup yet?
30697, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
as long as your dvd player/screen in your car has audio and video inputs, then yes, it should work with your unit.

i dont have pics yet. im not done with my install. ran into a snag and had to order some more cables for the screen.

James
30701, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by etx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Make sure you use a good FM modulator or your audio will sound like shit.

I have a setup like this in my Z and I love it. I would do it in the eclipse but thier is nowhere to mount the screen. I use that same xenarc screen, but the touch screen model. They are great screens.

Some people are using these ones now. They say they use the same guts as the xenarc and they are cheaper. I dunno, just figured it would mention it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2437516301&category=38650
30704, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Originally posted by etx
Make sure you use a good FM modulator or your audio will sound like shit. I have a setup like this in my Z and I love it. I would do it in the eclipse but thier is nowhere to mount the screen. I use that same xenarc screen, but the touch screen model. They are great screens. Some people are using these ones now. They say they use the same guts as the xenarc and they are cheaper. I dunno, just figured it would mention it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2437516301&category=38650

Im not using an fm modulator with my setup. im recommending that the person have audio inputs on the head unit. there are plenty of places to mount the screen. i have found 3 places that i can easily use it and see it just fine. granted im not cutting into the dash, but i dont want to, if i did, i would mount it staight into where the head unit goes and move the head unit down. no problems.

the screens im offering are touchscreen.

the lilput screens you mentioned are ok.. but many people have had problems with them being too bright or just flat out failing on them. buy the best when it comes to this.. xenarc is the best, lilliput isn't.
30709, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System

that's the monitor that I want:thumbsup (underlined in red)...I don't care so much about the DIN PC. The PC can go behind my back seat under the hatch cover. I want to find more info about that screen...and wait for that one to be released...by then hopefully I'll have some cash saved up.}(
30710, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
ill call my vendor and see when its coming out and see what price i can get it for.

James
30719, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
ive decided to make these units much smaller now using laptop parts. this unit will fit in your dash under your car stereo.

I can make these units if anyone is interested in having me make one for them. Im not sure how well I do on price compared to what you guys get them for currently.. but ill throw this out there.

Casetronic Travle C136 Ultra Slim Black or Silver
VIA VPSD EPIA-M10000 Mini ITX Mainboard
With VIA C3 1GHz Nehemiah Processor
8x Slimline DVD Rom Drive
60GB Hard Drive (Upgradeable to 80GB)
256MB 266 DDR RAM
Xenarc 7” TFT LCD Touch Screen Interface
Delorme Earthmate GPS w/ Software

The only thing you will have to get on your own is the dc to dc power supply if you want to wire it directly to you car. I myself am using a small power inverter instead of all the wiring. Picked one up at RadioShack for 40 bux.

I can build this, shipped to your door for about $1350 bux. Let me know what you think about my price. If you have a version of windows that you could install yourself.. take off 100 bux.

Here is what the case looks like.

Black:
Silver:
Screen:
30726, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Your about right there with the price Xenarc charges. Thiers comes with a 1.2 Ghz processor but only 20G of storage. It does come with the 12v DCinput too. They are asking 1228 Shipped but that does not include the GPS software. So add the difference of the harddrive prices and your about the same as them give or take.
30734, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Originally posted by Mattchew
Your about right there with the price Xenarc charges. Thiers comes with a 1.2 Ghz processor but only 20G of storage. It does come with the 12v DCinput too. They are asking 1228 Shipped but that does not include the GPS software. So add the difference of the harddrive prices and your about the same as them give or take.

dude, do you realize there is about a 200 dollar difference between a 60 and 20gb hard drive?

add 200 bux on their cost.. second of all.. its a celeron. you can't mount it in your dash. it over heats. email them and ask them.

James
30741, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
im liking the fold out option more and more :)
also, from looking at the case, is the audio out just from the headphone jack on the back of the system? is there any way to get a sound card or something to have a digital output (dolby digital, dts)?

sorry for all the questions.. its just that im getting very close to having the money and im trying to decide.
30750, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Originally posted by CVedEclipse
im liking the fold out option more and more :) also, from looking at the case, is the audio out just from the headphone jack on the back of the system? is there any way to get a sound card or something to have a digital output (dolby digital, dts)? sorry for all the questions.. its just that im getting very close to having the money and im trying to decide.

the audio out on the front is for headphones. there is audio jacks on the back for the normal system. the output is 5.1 dolby on the back.
30733, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Originally posted by micyek
that's the monitor that I want:thumbsup (underlined in red)...I don't care so much about the DIN PC. The PC can go behind my back seat under the hatch cover. I want to find more info about that screen...and wait for that one to be released...by then hopefully I'll have some cash saved up.}(

they aren't making that product anymore. too many problems. they have no outlook for an updated model either.

James
30742, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
damn.... i just read that ^^... so they arent coming out with a fold out touch? i just might have to see about incoporating one of the touchscreens from pioneer or kenwood
30747, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Right I do see the price differance on the notebook drives but I was also comparing that to the fact that it had a built in power supply. There is another company that makes a better unit than Xenarc anyway. A company called TRC and they were at SEMA. Right now the technology is so new that companies are having trouble making this work out right because everyone is in a hurry to get it out first. After MIS's showing at SEMA you can bet that there will be bigger companies coming out with this unit at cheaper rates. Fact is if you want small and you want it now your going to have to pay for it. Talked to Xenarc and TRC and they are still planning on marketing these but newer units are going to be improved all the time.

BTW I don't know if you know this or not but Ford in conjunction with Visteon came out with thier own "ICES" back in 99. It was not quite the same but from what I heard ford put it out with some of the higher end stuff.

30751, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Originally posted by CVedEclipse
damn.... i just read that ^^... so they arent coming out with a fold out touch? i just might have to see about incoporating one of the touchscreens from pioneer or kenwood

with touchscreen with a pioneer unit.. i dont know if it will work because the xenarc screens have usb for touchscreen interface and special drivers needs to be installed.. the indash dvd screens from pioneer.. etc.. don't have that.

i doubt it will work.

james
30752, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
ford can suck my nuts.

30762, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
I hope you don't think I'm trying to undermine you or your work or think I'm working against you or anything. I'm actually trying to work with you so I can't get the best unit for my needs and tastes. And from the looks of it some people have the same tastes as I do. But I've put a fair amount of research into this and I found these two monitors.

http://www.digitalww.com/VGA_GA700YY_indash.htm
http://www.digitalww.com/DWW-7VGA.htm

The motortize one isn't released yet and the unmotorized one is out of stock. I don't know what "out of stock means" but it could mean it's really popular or it's a piece of shit that doesn't work very good so they aren't selling it anymore. I think I would like the unmotorized one personally...less shit to go wrong. What are your thoughts on these? Do they look like good units to you?
30769, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Originally posted by micyek
I hope you don't think I'm trying to undermine you or your work or think I'm working against you or anything. I'm actually trying to work with you so I can't get the best unit for my needs and tastes. And from the looks of it some people have the same tastes as I do. But I've put a fair amount of research into this and I found these two monitors. http://www.digitalww.com/VGA_GA700YY_indash.htm http://www.digitalww.com/DWW-7VGA.htm The motortize one isn't released yet and the unmotorized one is out of stock. I don't know what "out of stock means" but it could mean it's really popular or it's a piece of shit that doesn't work very good so they aren't selling it anymore. I think I would like the unmotorized one personally...less shit to go wrong. What are your thoughts on these? Do they look like good units to you?

Well if you are going to order from Digitalww then make sure to email or call Armen first, because he has a tendency to say stuff will be in stock soon, but then months later it wont be. They are great units. They both have the same stats. That motorized VGA LCD has been on DWW for almost a year now, always still being delayed in manufacturing. And the motorized with swivel will be around $650... the non motorized in dash VGA will be around $530 i think if Armen ever gets em back in stock. There's a lot of info on these screens and distributors on www.mp3car.com forums...

-Chris b.
30774, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
they look nice, however, if they cost that much, then no thanks. i could look into reseller status with them and see what i get them for i suppose.

james
31077, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
pictures being posted lated today
31092, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
there is are pictures and a video at www.tektonicconsulting.com/ices/pics

here are some of the pics, browse the directory above for all of them..

31093, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
That's nice. What happend to the interface you were designing? You can get the one in the pics for free at www.mediaengine.org. It's nice and completely skinnable.

How much is the setup you have in the car going to cost and what does it come with?
31094, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
im still designing the interface.. its taking awhile.

the setup in the car is..

1ghz, 256mb ram, 60gb hard drive, 8x dvd rom

7" tft lcd touchscreen

also comes with gps software and receiver

$1300 bux is what im thinking

James
31103, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow that looks real cool man. I hope you sell a lot of them and pay off all the hard work that has to go into making something like that!:thumbsup
31106, RE: FS: ICES: In Car Entertainment System
lol. thanx bud.. but im looking to pay off my car! lol
I generated this page in 0.013484001159668 seconds, executing 7 queries.