Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST)
Topic subject 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=103283
103283, 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Posted by 95greenhrcgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a 97 Eclipse GS in Minden Silver Pearl.

Car has LOTS of new parts, and all wear items have been replaced, as well as many gaskets. I can provide you with a complete list of details if you are interested. Car looks great exterior and interior wise. Will be sold with stock 16" wheels w/ new tires.

Few issues that I dont have time or energy to fix.

Drivers door locking mechanism jammed.
Speedo does not work. ( I have a sensor to be included in purchase )
May need a valve seal replacement.

Compression #'s 185 across all cylinders.

Chassis 114K
Engine @ 75K.

Total investment $3808
Selling for $2700. NEED IT GONE!!!

Pics

103290, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Posted by 1995talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what city are you in?

Leather seats,Hood,Hatch,Black apillars,black door sills,floor mats,CF gauge cluster cover,chrome gauge cluster trim rings
103309, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Originally posted by 1995talon
what city are you in? _______________________________________ Parts im Looking for. Leather seats,Hood,Hatch,Black apillars,black door sills,floor mats,CF gauge cluster cover,chrome gauge cluster trim rings

Alexandria, just outside of Wash D.C.
103312, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
is it 5 speed? if it is im interested.
103318, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
5 speed
103330, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
also, are you a smoker, or has it been smoked in regularly. more pics qwould be great. if i like, i might be able to fly in in a week or so.
103331, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Posted by bloodyangel1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i seriously need another eclipse since mine is totaled, and i am interested in this, but i live in pittsburgh, but would get it shipped up here if we can work something out
103334, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Fly to him and drive it home. I have done it from IL to marylnd and IL to virginia. No big deal if you really want it.

Terry
103346, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
The car is a NON-smoking car and was when I bought it from the previous owner. I smoke but I NEVER smoke in my cars. Actually the car smells good inside IMO.

I can take more pics on Monday. The interior will show that it doesnt have a stereo, but I took out the stock unit that was in there because the driver's door wont lock as mentioned in my ad, and I didnt want it stolen as crappy as it is. Car was broken into a while back and the stereo was stolen AND panels broken Those have since been replaced with new ones from the dealer.

The car runs rough, and I would not feel comfortable saying that it would make a long distance trip. Dont want that on my plate. Just me, but if a car has any mech probs AT ALL, I recommend NOT driving it long distances.

Also, my work schedule is VERY hectic and unpredictable which is the reason I have no time to work on this car and finish parting out my totalled Eclipse, so meeting up with someone who flew in would be VERY hard. I would not want to inconvenience anyone who flew in by not being able to meet them to get the car. I think shipping would be the best option for everyone INCLUDING me.

If anyone would like to know what exactly has been done to the car, let me know.

Thanks
Jonathan
103368, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Things relaced on the car with NEW parts.

Gaskets:
Valve cover ( complete set )
Upper and lower intake mani gaskets
EGR pipe gaskets
EGR valve gasket
Thermostat gasket
Oil pan
Exhaust manifold
Exhaust pipe

Water pipe 0-ring
oil filter adapter o-ring
Fuel feed high pressure feed o-ring

Rear-main crankshaft seal

Belts:
Both accessory belts

Hoses:
Upper and lower radiator
Heater core hoses

Drivetrain:
Passenger axle
Clutch

Engine:
Donor longblock with approx. 75K

Mounts:
Tranny to rear motor mount bracket
Passenger side mount
Drivers side mount

Others:
Starter
Battery
Windshield
Alternator
Front and rear brake rotors
Front and rear brake pads

4 Hankook K104 tires.

All parts have about 1,000 miles.

More pics should be up tomorrow.

Thanks
Jonathan

103380, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Posted by XMasta19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What's so wrong with it that you wouldn't like me driving it to Florida...will your AAA pick me up when it dies in bumfuck south carolina somewhere?

You've replaced so much stuff lately, why would the speedo not workin make you weary?

me = confused
103399, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
As promised here are the some pics that I took today.

XMasta - As stated in the for sale ad, I think that a valve seal may be bad. Bad enuff to coat the spark plug in oil, and and a result the car runs rough, as if its on 3-3.5 cylinders.
Also, shipping would be best for me because as stated, I wouldnt want to inconvenience anyone who flew up here by not being able to meet them due to my hectic and unpredictable work schedule.

Fact is, I DO NOT HAVE TIME to work on the car anymore. I just need it gone cause it has been sitting for 3 months doing me no good. I have a daily, and an MR2 already.
103400, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Posted by xavier3jr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if it brakes down in SC ill pick you up :-D or eigther we can fix it one i got plenty of parts laying around lol
103401, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
I'm really thinking bout this one, definitely saves me money compared to the 99 gs oz that's at a dealer here locally.
103402, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Also, military has always done my shipping for me...what does this cost range in?
103403, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
I shipped my 1992 MR2 from Utah to Northern VA for $949.

103425, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Bumpity bump.
103427, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
i really want this since i dont have a car at all, and walkin to work in -21* wind chill blasting in my face doesnt feel good. it looks clean, im just worried about it running rough, although i plan on putting my head on which ever on i buy, so if it is the valve seals, it wouldnt matter, and shipping to pittsburgh wouldnt be that much considering we are only 4 hours away by what mapquest says, i just have to wait for my salvage title to come back before the insurance gives me my money, but that should be by the end of the week. would you take anything less than 2700, since i will be paying for shipping to here?
103428, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
How bout somebody that lives close say somethin...otherwise I might have to make a weekend trip outta it, and change the valve seals at my uncle's garage in NC.

Who else is in that middle eastern coast area? I have family all over in North Carolina, but just curious since I could make a road trip of the deal.
103432, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Originally posted by XMasta19
How bout somebody that lives close say somethin

umm...i live close, probably about the same distance from pittsburgh to alexandria, than NC to alexandria, depending on what part your family lives in
103434, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Unfortunatley, I will not take anything less than $2700. I have all reciepts to say that I spent $3808 on this car. I just need it gone and thats why I am asking what I am already asking. I am already taking a loss.
103435, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Posted by knight ryda 99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I live in Thomasville NC, About 3 hours away from the VA border
103437, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
ok then, well could you find out how much shipping to pittsburgh would be, or 15148? and how much time it would take?
103445, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This car has my previous stock engine in it, which was in very good condition. It did not need a valve job at that time. I saw the silver car before the engine install and it was in great shape as well. I think any fixes required will be very minor. Someone should really grab this opportunity. Pay me $500 and I'll drive the car up to Pittsburg for you (assuming Jon trusts me).

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire
103451, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
I'm not in Pittsburgh you silly goose. I'm very interested, and would love any more available pics to be emailed to XMasta19@hotmail.com if at all possible.

EDIT: VIN... :shrug
103458, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Originally posted by XMasta19
I'm not in Pittsburgh you silly goose. I'm very interested, and would love any more available pics to be emailed to XMasta19@hotmail.com if at all possible. EDIT: VIN... :shrug

thats because he was talking to me. and dont you have a car??? i dont have a car, and need one, preferably an eclipse, and possibly this one.

Originally posted by Corbin
Pay me $500 and I'll drive the car up to Pittsburg for you (assuming Jon trusts me).

i think it would cost less than 500 to have it shipped, since it was gona cost less to have a car shipped here from the middle of that US, i cant remember what state, but it was only 400, and it was over 1000 miles, im only 200-300 miles from him, but lets say i would pay you, how would you get it here if hes saying he wouldnt trust it being driven long distances? and how would you get home?

103460, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Originally posted by bloodyangel1
Originally posted by XMasta19 I'm not in Pittsburgh you silly goose. I'm very interested, and would love any more available pics to be emailed to XMasta19@hotmail.com if at all possible. EDIT: VIN... :shrug
thats because he was talking to me. and dont you have a car??? i dont have a car, and need one, preferably an eclipse, and possibly this one.
Originally posted by Corbin Pay me $500 and I'll drive the car up to Pittsburg for you (assuming Jon trusts me).
i think it would cost less than 500 to have it shipped, since it was gona cost less to have a car shipped here from the middle of that US, i cant remember what state, but it was only 400, and it was over 1000 miles, im only 200-300 miles from him, but lets say i would pay you, how would you get it here if hes saying he wouldnt trust it being driven long distances? and how would you get home?

Well if you paid any real attention to the forum at all buddy, you'd find many threads about my car...including pics of my built block shrapnel in my hand, and pics of my lonely car as it's stuck in the frozen tundra of Alaska.

:blahblah

You don't have a car, and need one...preferrably an eclipse. I MUST HAVE another eclipse :evilgrin
103470, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Well, this wont turn into a bidding war where I wait for the best offer. First one to pay gets the car.

Xmasta, I will email you more pics.

Bloodyangel, if you would like pics as well, gimme your email.

Thanks guys
103473, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Originally posted by 95greenhrcgs
Bloodyangel, if you would like pics as well, gimme your email. Thanks guys

bloody_angel1@yahoo .com

is there any rust, like lets say, underneath the spare tire perhaps? mine leaked and rusted completely through, so i wanna make sure its all good. also, the salvage title came back for mine, so all i gotta do is fax that to state farm, and they will mail me my check, so i could have the money within a few days, and have at least 1500 now as a down payment

103476, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Pics sent via email.

103477, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
just 2??? could you take some more tomorrow and send me some more of them, and what about any rust, specifically the spot under the spare tire? also the VIN number would be nice too.
103478, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
I thought I sent you more than that. I wont be able to get more pics for a couple days. As far as I know, there is NO rust in the spare tire-well.
103479, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
More pics. Took the time to clean the entire engine bay before installing the donor engine.

103488, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

It is just an offer meant to encourage you to do something. Ship it, tow it, or drive it. There are several ways to do any of those. If you want the car, transport should not be a stumbling block. The cost mentioned was to cover 8 hrs driving, 2 hrs pick-up/drop-off, pace car, and possible repairs on the side of the interstate in freezing weather. I really believe that the car is in good condition and just need a little tweeking to be 100%. Jon is a honest guy who just doesn't have the time to work on it.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire
103492, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
One of us is picky, one isn't...

...I'm headed to the bank to open a new account, since I just moved here and my bank is on the west coast. btw, I don't care bout any rust, so just say it's there lol :thumbsup
103519, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
what is the VIN number on this so i could call my insurance and let them now about this, and get a quote and all that.

do you take paypal?

also, do you think this will be ok in the condition it is in now to be a daily driver, like to and from work, 5 minutes each way, until i fix it? i plan on putting my head on this since its only got 6000 miles on it, and i spent way to much for it to just sit, so even if the valve seals are bad on this car, it doesnt matter since i was gonna put my head on, but with the weather so cold up here(today was the first 20 degree day we had in like a week) it might have to stay like that for a little while until it warms up and i can work on it, and fix it, so do you think it would be ok?

Originally posted by Corbin
I really believe that the car is in good condition and just need a little tweeking to be 100%. Jon is a honest guy who just doesn't have the time to work on it.

well since you think it doesnt need much to be 100%, what do you think it will need to be 100% so i know what i have in store for me if i buy this...

103532, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Corbin I really believe that the car is in good condition and just need a little tweeking to be 100%. Jon is a honest guy who just doesn't have the time to work on it.
well since you think it doesnt need much to be 100%, what do you think it will need to be 100% so i know what i have in store for me if i buy this...

Not to speak for Corbin but I don't believe he has recent experience with the car to know what is wrong with it, he just sold Jon the motor that went into it. As for Jon I can also vouch for him, he is a really cool guy who has always taken care of his cars. If Jon is telling you that it is prolly a leaking valve seal then that is prolly exactly what it is. I doubt that the car would break down on a short trip from a leaking valve seal, even on 3 cilinders the car should be able to make 400 miles. I think the point is that Jon does not want anyone to be broke down on the way home, or stranded and having to pay a repair bill because he would feel bad about that situation. Also he does not want anyone to fly out here just to have to wait for hours with nothing to do because he has to be at work. So he is not saying that it WILL break down on you, he is saying he would feel better about it if it was shipped, again because then he would not have to worry about you. He is a good guy and does not want to see any one have trouble with the car, and not be able to help them. So as an outside observer I think you would be just fine to drive 400 miles with leaking valve seals, although I do not know the extent of the problem and have not looked at said car.
103539, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
XMasta, and bloodyangel, emails have been sent to both of you.

Thanks
103575, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Bumpin
104129, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Anybody know the status of this car :shrug

I've attempted multiple pm's and emails with no response...

EDIT: ^XMasta19^ on Joel's computer :wavy
104140, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it's still there AFAIK. IT was there 2 weeks ago at least... BTW when I looked at it it looks to be in great shape.. I thought about buying it myself, I just don't want to swap over all my stuff..lol lazy!
104146, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
this car is now in my possesion, sitting infront of my house, its a beauty, jon sold me a great car
104147, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
this car is now in my possesion, sitting infront of my house, its a beauty, jon sold me a great car

Thanks for updating the thread...
104148, RE: 1997 Eclipse --need to sell. (Virginia)
i just got the car wednesday, and finally got to drive it today, i needed a new battery, luckily mine was still under warrenty, but its all good now
I generated this page in 0.020132064819336 seconds, executing 7 queries.