Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAnnouncements Area
Topic subject>>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=9473
9473, >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Whassa!

We here in Phoenix met up with a member of a predominantly 3G/ASOG board this past weekend and it looks as though we'll be getting together with them regularly. Real nice people. It's a shame the local DSM crowd aren't this nice. :P

REASON FOR THE POST:
Come the last week of FEB or the first week of MAR, we are looking to put together a POKER RUN to LAUGHLIN, NV. In the works are a dedicated location to show, trophies, pre-arranged rooms at a central location and much food and fun.

This is just to get the idea out to the 2GNT community in advance. I will be posting updates as I get them, but this sounds like it could be a sort of SW meet a lot of us would be interested in attending.

The DesertDiamonds group we're starting to hang with is about the same size as us and they are incahoots with ASOGers here too. They also have members in SoCal that are planning to attend this event. They make it a yearly thing. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a convoy of maybe 20 cars make the drive from Phoenix. Add in the people in NV (I'm sure VegasDSM knows a few) and then the 2GNT army we have in CA and you have something almost newsworthy!

Like I said, I really think this could turn out to be something awesome and I want to give everyone as much advance notice as I can. If you think this is something you might be down for, let me know.

Damn this is starting to get exciting! }(
9476, RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<
Posted by run4cvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm down :thumbsup
9484, RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was all signed up and ready to roll with the desert diamonds event last year...

But the concept seemed really complicated, the timetable too rigid, and the organization not the best.

IMO if they want to draw a crowd out into radiator-melty-land, they need to simplify and relax things a little, as well as get organized early to provide a good source for all the info wayyy in advance.

Maybe they read this, maybe not, either way I'd like to make it this year.
9493, RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
shoot if you go Dan ill go ;)

this sounds like that F-body thing me and my friend were gonna go to. ITs called las vegas invasion? here is the link... see if we can borrow some ideas. www.lasvegasinvasion.com
9499, RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I might be in Lauglin around that time anyway - there's a salsa convention going on around spring break. yea baby
9501, RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<
From what I heard, last year the SoCal 3G guy who was helping to coordinate things from that end changed car clubs or something and got a lot of static and for wahtever reason, the weight of putting the whoe thing together fell upon one guy who had to do his best to clean up the pieces.

Assuming this is still about 6 months out, I'm thinking we can get it put together nicely. And who says we have to play any poker? We can just roll up for the show/meet and find us some sluts, I mean slots! :P

Again, this sounds like it could really kick some ass. Start giving it some thought.
9505, RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<
Posted by cota472, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>We can just roll up for the show/meet and find us some
>sluts, I mean slots! :P

Brian, you hope your wife isnt reading this, or her mom. anyways i'm down for a 2GNT Road trip:thumbsup
9506, RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<
Posted by eclipseman1999, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would be down to go
9510, RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<
Posted by 96rs-t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'll go down. we need a meet like this!:thumbsup
9527, RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<
We're going to be getting together with a bunch of these 3G/ASOG guys for a BBQ here in PHX on the 20th. It will probably be most of the die hards who would also be making the run with us. I'll make sure to get a head count to get an idea of about how many cars would be going from AZ. I'm atill optimistic for 20+ }(

More updates as I get em!
9615, RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<
Posted by CVedEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
id definitely be interested if enough so cal guys can convoy up there.... keep us updated on the details
9624, RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<
Posted by sd_eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hmm, sounds pretty cool. I might be down to make the trip from so-cal.
9692, RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<
There's a local meet going on in Phoenix this coming SUnday the 20th. From what I've seen in the various forums around here (desertdiamonds, asog, asec) there's going to be 26 cars or more showing up for this little thing we've got going on right now. If eveyone who says they're coming comes to this thing, and you guys in CA and NV can match these kind of numbers, we should have close to 100 cars showing up on this poker run thing next spring.

AWESOME. HUH... :thumbsup

I'll get pics of us and the others next weekend and get them up on line too, to share with my 2GNT family.
I generated this page in 0.02091383934021 seconds, executing 7 queries.