Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAnnouncements Area
Topic subjectSo Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=5719
5719, So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by 98RsT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hi guys, its that time again. Saturday Feb 15 @ 7:00PM we got some things to discuss, and it is a good quiet place to hang out.
I was thinking this time we might head up a short cruise, try not to get into trouble.

I am open to meeting times too, just post em up, so we can agree on something.
See ya all soon.

P.S. corner of Beach and Imperial if I can remember correctly :P
5721, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
cool, maybe I can finally make it to one of the meets again
5725, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by LunarEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the day after valentines day man, you must not have a girlfriend man. Id love to go buy youre talking suicide there.
5730, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by SonicYan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>the day after valentines day man, you must not have a
>girlfriend man. Id love to go buy youre talking suicide
>there.

Nah, he's got one. Trust me. ;-)

Hehe, Danny, u beat me to it. I was just wondering when we should hold the bi-monthly meeting. All good with me.
5733, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by jamesman, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
DOH!
shit
i will not be able to make it, could we do it this weekend?

Lates
James
5735, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Reasons I didn't make it for other Dates:
Friday 2-7-02: My girlfriend made plans with a high school friend of mine to meet and hang out that nite (fun rating 1)I wasn't that good of friends with HER, she was dating my BEST FRIEND!!!! Back then not now.
Saturday 2-8-03: We have to attend an art show of a family friend and then go to a family party and get way to drunk to think. (fun rating 3) I am not to in to the yuppies that attend these shows, but the drinking after the show will make up for the waised time listening to fat asses talk about there new investments or there new found job oppertunities that will make them a million bucks next year.
Friday 2-14-02: It's freaking Valintines day, I am not an Idiot!
Saturday 2-15-02: Good day, you are gonna need this day to give your twig and 2 berries a day off to recoup, regain there senses, and start to get some feeling back in the low hangin' lefty that always gets the bad end of the deal in bed! :9

But since Jamesman can't make it on the 15th, and it sounds like Lunar may loose his freedom if he goes, we can push it to the following weekend... Possibly that Friday? 2-21-03? Anyone have any objections?
5739, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
ya 21st or 22nd look good so far.
well, if alot of people want to meet on the 15th then feel free to meet up then. i will be in oakland so i will not be able to attend. but the next week would be cool.
lates
james
5743, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Personally my twig and berries get more abuse while driving than anything else... but maybe if I fixed my fuel cut and boost transitions that might take a turn for the better... :o Oh wait.

HAHAHA ok um .. anyways how bout this sunday?

This friday (i think) there's a socaldsm meet in san diego, and the 15th theres a socaldsm meet in the valley (canoga park). I'm down for any day, we established that if the puppies are more important to her than me, then my car gets to be more important than her. We'll see how long that lasts.

James can you help me out this weekend? My tuning sucks. Between fuel cut and detonation my car hates me right now. But so do the camaros...

:+
5745, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Dan you wanna race a Camaro?? I'll bring one down this weekend if you want?
Stock!!!}(

Muahahaha muahahaha muahahahaha!!!
5746, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
yo dan,
this sunday is okay with me too.
well, saturday i think i am going to kaiser's place. but sunday i am free, if you want to get together or on saturday if you wanna go to kaiser's place we can do i there too.

lates
james
5747, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by FuSi0N, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How about mabe also checking out the drags over at california speedway, I think they're having it also on the 15th, but whatever is decided I'll be up for the meet. Hey Sonic did you do something new to your car?
5749, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by tactic, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey how you all doing..just saying whats up to you guys...
5750, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Okay here Is what I am getting... Lets agree on this.
Sunday the 16th?
If that is cool for everyone, lets meet around 4 or 5, since it is a Sunday and most of us have work the following day. Plus it has been getting cold out sooner this past week.

Recap:
Sunday, Feb 16th @ 4 or 5 PM (unless others want to meet earlier, I don't have anything going on that day :))
Baja Fresh
Corner of Imperial and Beach.

As for the races at Fontana... I didn't know about them, but I am down to go check them out on Saturday, not going to race, but I'll be there around 7:30 am. I'll be in my 2g, so if you want give me a call when you get there 909.223.6528 so we can meet up.. The stands arn't very big, so it shouldn't be hard to find me.

About Mikey's car, looks sweet huh... Good job Mikey the bumper looks sweet, the drop and the rims :9
5752, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Okay this is what I found out:
2003 NHRA Street Legal Drag Racing Schedule
WHAT:
Below are the 2003 NHRA Street Legal Drag Racing dates at California Dragway, beginning with Saturday, January 25th. A new experience on the quarter-mile strip includes 11 Saturday night Drag Races in the Summer, pending San Bernardino County approval.

WHEN:
Winter Days Schedule:
January 25 (not open on January 26)
February 15-16
March 8-9
March 22-23

Tech Opens at 7 a.m.

Summer Nights Schedule*
May 10
May 31
June 14
July 12
July 19
July 26
August 2
August 9
August 16
August 23
August 30

Tech Opens at 3 p.m.

*Pending San Bernardino County Approval

WHERE:
California Dragway, 9300 Cherry Ave., Fontana

COST:
The cost for spectators and participants to enter the speedway is $10. For participants to purchase a Tech Card the cost is an additional $10.

I will definatly be there on Saturday the 15th.
Hopefully by the second or 3rd weekend my cousin and I will have a completed 1g to race.
As for the summer nights, you can pretty much expect me to be there, like clockwork. It is a really good time. It cost $10 to watch and $20 to race. Basically It is 10 per person and 10 bucks per race car. So if you have 2 drivers for one car it is $30... I like going there cause it is LEGAL, and just as much fun as the Street races, just now you don't have to worry about being shot at on Mission BVLD. :9
5753, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow, lots of things to do on the 15th. california speedway or hot import nights? might end up going to hin, i just want to relax.
kit's looking nice mikey, are u going to get fog lights?

hey tactic.
5754, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by sd_eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Heh, I was just about to say that HIN is the 15th. Since its right here in Del Mar I might end up going. To those that are thinking of coming to HIN PM or e-mail me and I'll give you my cell # so we can get ahold of each other if need be.
5763, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Abe-> Yup, got something on new. Got a Sensei front from Brynden and some sideskirts from autopeak. Total was 280 and everything was painted black already. Sweet! :thumbsup

Mike -> Yeah, I'll get some fog lights. I'll prolly get it when I have enough saved to change all my lights. Have to replace the burnt out tail light. (freakin honda guys keep asking me how to make their blinker go faster. WTF??? ) Then I'll get some Silvanias and then some fogs. I dunno if I should get grills. Think I should? So I have something else to tie my plate to. And after that, I'm done with exterior! (crosses fingers...:) )

I'm down whenever. I'll prefer just chilling tho, as HIN is too far and I'm kinda saving up. Plus, I already know I don't have a chance with those models so what's the use? :P I might enter my car in a show one of these days tho. Just so I could get a model to pose with my car. :D

About track day, same thing, I'm just gonna prolly watch cuz I'm saving and I don't wanna mess up anything right now. Prolly when I get my "fire extinguisher" hooked up, that's when I'll hit the track. Oh yeah, can anyone help me out putting on my gauges and my "fire extinguisher"? My mom almost used it cuz she almost burned something while cooking. I told her, that thing's empty. Hehehe... }(
5765, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ill try to make it.
5770, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by pn0ymahal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
lets try and get it when james is free so we can check out the bad ass e-manage hehe
Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2 @12psi :D
Stage 3 process begins gathering parts for rebuild

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast
5771, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
>>>I like going there cause it is LEGAL, and just as much fun as the Street races, just now you don't have to worry about being shot at on Mission BVLD.

ha ha. I dunno dood, you live in redlands, and when I went to high school there I was dodging bullets. especially when going to cucas, you'd have to take your life into your own hands just to get mexican food!

>>>lets try and get it when james is free so we can check out the bad ass e-manage hehe
Michael 99gs

word :9
5779, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Okay Baja Fresh on the 16th... Be there!
We'll all check out Jamesman's ass, Oh I mean unit... Doh e-manage unit. And we can all sit around the camp fire and shoot the stuff around :9
5784, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
what time you planning on meeting. I will arrive at L.A.X at 6:45 PM, and say 1 hour to get home so 7:45, then like 30 minutes or so to relax and then i could head out, i don't know if Kathy will want to go i'll have to ask her. So i'm thinking i'll be out there at 9:00PM i don't know if that is too late. i don't think so since the last times we were there till like midnight. i'll give dan or kaiser or someone a call when i get back to my house that night and see where everyone is.

Lates
James
5789, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
well, we'll figure something out. We'll try and keep everyone posted.
5796, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by EclipzeGamer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hmmm, Jen and I have a car club meeting at 6pm on Sundays, so we probably can't make it. We might, but probably not.

Mikey, get a better pic of your car, It looks sweet but the pic isn't the greatest. Can't wait to see it in person, hopefully soon.

Jaeson
'96 Eclipse RS

16.537 @ 84.00 mph, 2.489 60'

Looks:
APC Euro clear bumper lens
front grill
chrome front emblem
Razo carbon fiber pedals
carbon
5837, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by Luzionist, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm down if u guys end up going later like around 9pm. Get off work around 8 and it'll take me about 30 min. at about 110 down the 91fwy. =)

- 98 5SPD GST (crankwalked and blown turbo)
Need Bigger Turbo!!!}(
5845, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
mikeys front bumper got a booboo... :-(
5846, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by eclipsekaiser, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Cyndi and I will try our hardest to make it. We have the Nike 5k run hit thingy to do.
5848, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well looks like HIN is a no-go for me. still driving around with a primered kit because of the rain. count me in for the meet. btw same parking area as last time?
5852, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
So what's the lowdown on the showdown, I will probably not have access to a computer until i get back on sunday, so, what time we all meeting. are we going to meet later than previously planned? i think the earliest i can make it is like 8:00-8:30 PM. Lemme know what's planned and maybe i can meet up with everyone.
lates
james
5856, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Damn... I might go up to fresno ... oh well if I dont head up there I'll meet some of you guys. You guys dont mind me rolling up in something else do ya? maybe even a mini van :o car still hasnt been fixed.. damn allstate.
5859, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Roll whatever you want... extra points if you can get it to lay phat rubber in the parking lot. for that security guy. heh Danny bring your Camaro }(

SoCal 2GNT Meet Recap:
Date: This Sunday the 16th
Time: Around 7pm, or earlier if you want, but we'll be there until at least 11pm.
Place: Baja Fresh in La Habra, 1360 S. Beach Blvd. #D, Corner of Imperial and Beach.

Other events this weekend:

Saturday Feb 15, 7am
NHRA Street Legal Drag racing
California Dragway, 9300 Cherry Ave., Fontana $20
SoCalDSM meeting @ Jack in the Box on Cherry Ave. at 7:15am
Call 98RsT 909.223.6528 so we can meet up.

Saturday Feb 15, 5pm-midnight
Hot Import Nights - Del Mar Fairgrounds
2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd. Del Mar, CA 92014
Tickets available at the door for $25

Saturday Feb 15, 8pm
SoCal DSM Dinner and Drive in the Valley
BJ's Pizza 6424 Canoga Ave - Woodland Hills, CA 91367
5863, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by EclipzeGamer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Jen and I can make it if we can pick my car up in time, I'm finally having the clutch replaced (it broke back in december). I can't wait to get my baby back!

Jaeson
'96 Eclipse RS

16.537 @ 84.00 mph, 2.489 60'
5865, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
>>>Saturday Feb 15, 7am
NHRA Street Legal Drag racing
California Dragway, 9300 Cherry Ave., Fontana $20
SoCalDSM meeting @ Jack in the Box on Cherry Ave. at 7:15am
Call 98RsT 909.223.6528 so we can meet up

I pass by the track every day - I want to go bad! I wanna install the AEM first tho so my car won't be such a wimp
5867, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
EZ- definitely come!!! Bring the AEM. You can do your first run, then we can put on the intake in the pits, so you see exactly how much powa you added. :) Install for that thing is only like 30 mins. I'm comitted to going now, I'll be racing, so hope to see you there.

Anyone need/use Toluene? I'm probably going to pick up a 5 gal drum since the 91 octane around here lately has NOT been 91 octane. I'll pick up 2 if someone else needs it.
5868, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Hey Dan, I was referring to the V2, which had to be taken off my car on Monday so they could use it as the master in production. I meant that I wanted to wait until I had it for the races coming up (they go on all the time, as I understand it) So I won't get it until maybe later next week??? They are gonna contact me sometime soon. I'll keep ya updated.

That sounds like a good idea though! I'll make sure that I have both intakes there when I get it. Maybe I should bring my oldschool 14's along too.

I still want to race, since I got the 60mm TB put on yesterday. It kicks ass!
5869, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by FuSi0N, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Shoot I want to go once I get my AFX ECU, hopefully in two weeks.
5870, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by CVedEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ill try and make it... ive missed the last couple meets. :( college sucks and so does work!x(
5876, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Okay Baja Fresh tonite I will be there around 5:30 to 6:00pm

The races yesturday was really fun, now I am at work making up for what I should have been doing there instead of the races :9

So see ya'll tonite, And for Lusion, and James we'll still be there around 9pm I am sure, no workie for me tomorrow!!! YAY
5879, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Sorry guys, not going to be able to make it... My grandpa is really bad shape, the doctor says I should go say my good byes tonite.
So this is going to be a bad day for me.

Sorry again, since I organized it and all.

5882, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
my condolences. cars meets can wait.
5883, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Posted by Luzionist, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sorry to hear that danny. Your family is in our prayers.

- 98 5SPD GST (crankwalked and blown turbo)
NEED BIGGER TURBO!!!
5884, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Sorry to hear about that Danny. Hope I didn't bug u when I was calling ur cell. Its all good, not that many ppl showed up. I arrived around 5:40 and then Lunar came in around close to 6. Pretty much chatted the rest of the time. Then he left at 8. Then Dan and Jimmy showed up and we all ate at Baja Fresh. A lil after 9, James showed up. Then all 4 of us went on a canyon run. Fun! Dan was leading, followed closely by Jimmy, then me. James was taking the rear. I was following Dan and Jimmy, then Dan cuts this lady off on a really tight corner. I start to see Dan's car drift, then all of a sudden, I hit something on the road. I got freaked out since I could hear that I was dragging something along. I pulled over, checked if my sideskirts fell off. Then James showed up. He followed me for awhile and then he saw the culprit: I ran over a freakin flat screw driver on the road. It got wedged between my body and my skirts. Whew. For awhile there, I thought my suspension gave way. And that was about it. Pretty much the highlight was Dan's sick 4wd drift and him and Jimmy getting cussed by this old lady. All this I didn't see much tho. :( O well, next time...

P.S. The e-manage looks bad ass.
5885, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
maybe we can hook up another in a couple weeks or so:thumbsup
5923, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
Did you say that james took it up the rear?
James care to retort?

Well on a more serious note, my grandfather is still in critical condition, been that way for about 3 weeks to a month now, it isn't looking pretty.
5889, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
>I was thinking this time we might head up a short cruise, try
>not to get into trouble.

^^^^ bwahaha ok, well that didn't work out so good :o }(
5950, RE: So Cal---Baja Fresh---- Fullerton
so we rescheduling so we can get a decent turn out this time? i was thinking maybe this weekend or so. lets see who is free.

Lates
james
I generated this page in 0.011467933654785 seconds, executing 7 queries.