Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAnnouncements Area
Topic subjectnorthern jersey
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=2415
2415, northern jersey
Posted by ableach33, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
anyone live near the passaic area?
2416, RE: northern jersey
Posted by icedout, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'm over here in bergen co.
2417, RE: northern jersey
Posted by bhomeyer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
<-- Morris county.. almost. :)

Brian...
95 Venge
2418, RE: northern jersey
i don't really know the area all too well, some cities/towns sound familiar to me if I hear them.. i go there every so often to visit my g/f.. she lives in clifton..
2419, RE: northern jersey
Posted by thisismygs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
live in parsippany (morris county), work in wayne (close to clifton), and represent a car club in bergen county :thumbsup
2420, RE: northern jersey
you guys ever have any meets nearby?
2421, RE: northern jersey
we've tried/spoke about meeting a couple of times, but it has yet to happen. don't know why exactly. a few people say they're willing, but we never really decide on a place. maybe its time to actually do this. summertime is probably the perfect time.
2422, RE: northern jersey
Parsipanny, eh? If ya see me around, hit me up man... I'm in rockaway, but go through parsipanny everyday...

http://carstylez.com/brian/new1/

Brian...
95 Venge...
2423, RE: northern jersey
i've got a friend who lives in rockaway... she's graduating in like a week or 2..
2424, RE: northern jersey
Well, I don't exactly have an Eclipse/Talon, but hit me up! I'm always around, got a garage, and if ya don't find a tool in this garage, you shouldn't be working on cars. :) haha... Will turn wrenches for beer!

Brian...
95 Venge...
AIM:OnePhast5ohh
Email:bigb@carstylez.com
2425, RE: northern jersey
good to know :thumbsup
2426, RE: northern jersey
Hey, ya never know when your gonna blow a piston, and need a midnight rebuild... haha

Brian...
95 Venge... soon to be boosted w/ the rest of the 2gnt/asog guys
2427, RE: northern jersey
Any of u guys in NE NJ ever wanna get together, hit a diner or something, lemme know... if not, look for me at Island Dragway on friday nights. :) 7$ to run, can't beat it... haha

Brian...
95 Venge...
2428, RE: northern jersey
i visit there pretty often.. let me know if you guys are ever meeting..
2429, RE: northern jersey
Hey man, look for me up there.. or hit me up, and I'll let ya know when I'll be there...

Brian...
95 Venge
2430, RE: northern jersey
well i looked up that island dragway, and its like an hour away from where i'm usually at so i dunno about that.. but maybe sometime.. i'm an automatic and the only performance type mods i have are a ram intake and just got new spark plugs.. i might even be able to get low 15's in the 1/8..hehe.. i'm really new to upgrading my car's performance but hopefully after a while my car will be respectable.
2431, RE: northern jersey
Well, lemme know if ya ever need a hand. Things I've done, and know how to do :

Bottom End Rebuilds(leave the top to the pro's)
Suspension
NOS
Ignition
Bodykits/minor bodywork...
Audio/Amps, subs, custom boxes, etc...
Painting Interior.. haha
Turbo(in the works)
Gauges installs, etc...

Actually, it's easier to just say if it can be done, I think I can do it. With enough beer, there is nothing I can't do. Ohh, and air tools help. haha

Brian...
95 Venge
2432, RE: northern jersey
what's the total cost of a turbo? (all parts, rebuilding engine, etc.)
2433, RE: northern jersey
woah boy. Turbo kit, 2100 or so, rebuild, depending on the components you want to put in. So, uhm, pick somethings. :)

Eagle rods?
JE Pistons, I'd assume?
Bearings? What kinda?

Also, you need all the seals, and gaskets.

Brian...
95 Venge... juiced. boost is a comin'...
2434, RE: northern jersey
well i'm still really new here so i don't really know too much about all that.. but if its just 2100 for the turbo.. then i guess if i want to go that route.. i'd better start saving.. are there any cheaper ways of getting more power.. besides nos (i'd like to have something more constant)
2435, RE: northern jersey
It all adds up man. Intake, ignition, etc. If I were you, I'd do what I did. While your getting money together for "turbo" or something to that effect do the little things that would "come" with a turbo kit. Then build one up, little by little. (Though I didn't do that with the turbo kit, I'll give ya some examples)

HRC kits come with a CarTech FMU, it's peice. So I got the Vortech.

Injectors help w/ turbo, etc. I got ford motorsport ones. While your at that, get an S-AFC to control these larger injectors.

Get the Walbro 255LPH fuel pump. Your gonna need it.

All the "upgrades" your going to want for going turbo.

Brian...

2436, RE: northern jersey
i might go that way.. i think my next "semi-expensive" mod will be an exhaust.. hopefully i can get some more noticeable gains that way.. also.. i'm automatic so that usually stops me from wanting to spend too much to get extra power..
I generated this page in 0.014955043792725 seconds, executing 7 queries.