Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAnnouncements Area
Topic subjectnew writeup. take a look
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=21247
21247, new writeup. take a look
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=3.55

Take a look give me some feedback on the organization, I am thinking maybe double space the steps. Printed on paper it looks fine to me.

Eventually I will add pictures but text is all you get for now.

Terry
21248, RE: new writeup. take a look
Posted by selmerguy2003, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice dude... i was thinking about doing a msns writeup when i buy one from you. makes me want to find a new tranny.
21249, RE: new writeup. take a look
Posted by BlackMagic, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
very nice and in depth, i think it's fine single spaced between steps but once you've got more time it would be great to see some pics up there as well
21250, RE: new writeup. take a look
Posted by Collente, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nice writeup, looks great.

Nick
97RS
21251, RE: new writeup. take a look
Posted by greygoose, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That is very, very thorough. I appreciate your attention to detail. Pictures will definitely finish it off. Points to you my friend.
21252, RE: new writeup. take a look
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
http://www.2gnt.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=142 Take a look give me some feedback on the organization, I am thinking maybe double space the steps. Printed on paper it looks fine to me. Eventually I will add pictures but text is all you get for now. Terry

VERY nice Terry. For the record, though, a SOHC Neon 95-99 Speed sensor won't work. An out-of-the-box speed sensor for any 3.94 should, though. No need to swap gears around, they're the same.

And it should read 3.55, not 3:55 (it's 3.55:1 final drive, not 3:55 final)
21253, RE: new writeup. take a look
Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon http://www.2gnt.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=142 Take a look give me some feedback on the organization, I am thinking maybe double space the steps. Printed on paper it looks fine to me. Eventually I will add pictures but text is all you get for now. Terry
VERY nice Terry. For the record, though, a SOHC Neon 95-99 Speed sensor won't work. An out-of-the-box speed sensor for any 3.94 should, though. No need to swap gears around, they're the same. And it should read 3.55, not 3:55 (it's 3.55:1 final drive, not 3:55 final)

What do you mean on the speed sensor? I have a SOHC one and i swear its the same. The gears i could take another look at but logically they should be different.

Edit: According to Autzone "wells" p/n search the Neon has a different sensor period. doesnt matter DOHC or SOHC. I find this interesting because the one i have in my 3.55 trans appears the same unless it is different internally.

The gears i can seem to locate a p/n online.

Terry
21254, RE: new writeup. take a look
Posted by ForceFed420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks fantastic.

Love the disclaimer :)

Brian
21255, RE: new writeup. take a look
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The pinion gear on the speed sensor has the same tooth count. The difference in the sensors is internal - Neon sensors pulse twice the number of times per revolution. (and read double) Ask me how I know. :)
21256, RE: new writeup. take a look
Changes complete
21257, RE: new writeup. take a look
Posted by shazow1969, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Awsome Terry. Great Info. I might have to source me a neon tranny now. lol. Thanks for the write up now I won't have to pay someone to install my quaife when I buy it.

-Kevin
21258, RE: new writeup. take a look
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Changes complete

Hahaha. :thumbsup ;)

/cha cha
21259, RE: new writeup. take a look
Posted by mreigle, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I couldn't get past the first step :)

1. Thorough understanding of Auto Mechanic principals and common practices.
21260, RE: new writeup. take a look
Posted by 2GeclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
"Disclaimer: If you are unsure of your own capabilities or you damage your transmission in any way during the process listed above, 2GNT or myself accept no liability in any way shape or form. You are obviously an idiot and have no business working on a transmission."

<3

...esp the last line. Haha.

I need to do this asap. My tranny is almost dead. U-pull is going to know me on a first name, last name basis before the year is out.
I generated this page in 0.0087239742279053 seconds, executing 7 queries.