Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAnnouncements Area
Topic subjectNo show for Cali Speedway
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=1310
1310, No show for Cali Speedway
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

Well today i T'd someones 91Toyota. But the other person is @ fault.

Damage: Hood, Windshield, airbags, drivers side fender, front bummper, raidiator (mis-spelled), drivers side headlight, the metal bar that goes inbetween the front bummper & raidiator is bent. But the enigine still runs.
I'm a bit shaken up but okay. Screwed up thing is that my insurance company isn't open today so i'll have to wait until tommorow.

I won't be able to make it for the meet guys. Could some of you advise me on how to go about repairing my car? I'll put up pics of the damage soon, just a bit ticked off right now.

thanks
1311, RE: No show for Cali Speedway
Posted by icjeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sorry to here that man, try to take to a custom bodyshop to have the repairs done so you can upgrade some stuff like headlights, bumper, hood. You have hook-ups at JT right? Do they accept insurance claims. I know T&L does, e-mail Marcus, he is the most knowledgeable guy in this area.
1312, RE: No show for Cali Speedway
Posted by DownAzzDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Damn that sucks..... Maybe this is a sign... hmmmmmm new body kit, headlight conversion.... carbon fiber hood.... Shoot if the ather party is paying why not. Just some suggestion's. Good luck
1313, RE: No show for Cali Speedway
Posted by SonicYan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Condolences to u man. Sorry about the accident. Just look at the brighter side. This might be ur chance to upgrade ur hood, bumper, etc. Then u won't look so stock anymore. :-) Are ur rims bent? Maybe they could also change ur rims. :P If not, u could buy my old ones. Well, I'm still gonna see if they're repairable though. Good luck with the repairs. Too bad we won't be seeing you...:-(
1314, RE: No show for Cali Speedway
Posted by Candude, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Bummer, dude. I know the feeling of wrecking through no fault of your own. Back in 1991 I was t-boned and totalled through an intersection. Guy just musta been color-blind as he had the red. My 1990 Acura Integra LS was smashed in on the passenger side and the car was thrown into the median stop light post on the driver side. Lucky for me I was able to walk away. Guess you gotta look at the bright side in being able to walk away and drive for another day. Don't get me wrong, at the time I was plenty pissed, but what can you do?
Anyway, I too am unable to make the Cali Speedway meet.

So, when's the next So. Cal. 2gnt meet? As a new member, I'd love the opportunity to meet some of you guys and gals and check out your rides. Who's gonna start the next So. Cal. meet post? Get it up here.
Candude
1315, RE: No show for Cali Speedway
Posted by CVedEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sorry to hear bout the accident... at least you are ok and it wasnt your fault..

i still am going to the meet, but its up to question if ill be racing (or even driving my car there).. ive had some bad luck with my clutch and not sure if ill be able to race.. we'll see..
1316, RE: No show for Cali Speedway
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sorry to hear about that. Good thing is you're ok. If you have hookups with JT and they accept insurance, then have them do extra stuff to your car. If the metal bar between the radiator and bumper is bent, I think that is considered frame damage. It will be permanently on your car's record. It might even be considered salvaged depending on how bad the damage is. If you need info on T&L doing the work, let me know. I could probably get you a new kit, projector headlights, cf hood, etc. Depends on how much the insurance claim comes out to, and how much damage there is.

BTW, next meet is THIS coming saturday feb 16 at california speedway. Look down for a post by me about all the details.
1317, RE: No show for Cali Speedway
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Oh and I just read that your air bags went out, and your windshield is also damaged. You have an RS right? Is it a 95? If so, they might just total your car. Airbags alone are 2k. My friend's integra had 15k of damage on it, when it was worth 18k, and they were deciding between totalling it or fixing it. But since he wanted to keep it, T&L fixed it. Just by hearing about what was damage, I think that the insurance money would be anywhere from 5 to 8k.
1318, RE: No show for Cali Speedway
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yep about that much i think. Hopefully the insurance company will help me out. Yeah i do have hookup's with JT. Don't know if it matters but i bought the car for 5,200. If the insurance comp calls it a total i might just get another eclipse. Besides i didn't put to much cash in to the car yet.
If they do want to fix it. I'll see if i can either get it to JT or T&L.
Thanks everyone for the input.
I generated this page in 0.011904954910278 seconds, executing 7 queries.