Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectGood launch point
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=6295
6295, Good launch point
Posted by spikekautz, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wanted to take my eclipse to the track, and I know where to shift as I make the pass I was really wondering where a good launch point would be, I was thinking it would be lower than the actual shift point to reduce wheel spin and keep traction.
6296, RE: Good launch point
Posted by SilvrEclips, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would start about 3.5k, when you take off slip the clutch out quickly but not fast enough to drop the revs. When I went to launch I would hit the gas pretty hard and slip the clutch out fast enough to keep the rpms between 3-4k and once the clutch was fully out then floor it. It takes a lot of practice but this way I would get no bog and the turbo was spooled by the time I hit the gas hard.
6297, RE: Good launch point
That makes sense, seems like you'd be just inside the powerband but not far enough you'd be lighting you're tires up real bad and losing traction. Thanks.
6298, RE: Good launch point
Posted by JoshDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Do exactly what silver said. Tonight I went to the track launched at 2700 off the line popped the clutch and it bogged. You want to ride it out then punch it. I am still learning my sweet spot.
6299, RE: Good launch point
I was practicing I little today at sops signs on some back roads around my house, 3.5k seemed like a good spot to launch from, I didn't really get too much wheel spin from there. I've also been thinking about wiring up shift lights one set for the lauch and another for the shift point so I can focus more on the tree and the strip than looking down at my tach.
6300, RE: Good launch point
Posted by JoshDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just remember when you go to the track the launch point is going to be way different because the track is sticker than the street is.
6301, RE: Good launch point
Alright, thanks for the tip.
I generated this page in 0.0078589916229248 seconds, executing 7 queries.