Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectRE: Not in the 14s...yet...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=6180&mesg_id=6184
6184, RE: Not in the 14s...yet...
Posted by cougar694u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Seat time will def improve your times. There's some room to be gained in the 60', imo. What helped me most was not launching quite as hard to get the tires to stick. If I had excessive wheel spin, it tacked on at least .25 to my time, sometimes more. Of course, I speed shifted, almost trying to break something (I'm like that now in my mustang, but at least the shifter has stops).

I didn't really strip much out of my car either, though. The typical spare tire & jack, etc, and the hatch didn't have the wiper motor in it when I bought it.

I'm sure you're making more power than mine did, just get as much tree time as you can, the car's only as fast as the driver.

Other than that, good job! :thumbsup

**EDIT**
Actually, after looking over your time-slip, it seems like your car's not putting the power down in the big end.

I haven't been around much in the last few years (moving, work, marriage, kids, etc), so I don't know what all you've played with for tuning, but have you played with cam timing at all?
I generated this page in 0.010568857192993 seconds, executing 6 queries.