Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectwhat is our Powerband?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=6167
6167, what is our Powerband?
Posted by shamoo1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a 97 GS manual
Header
High Flow Cat
Apexi WS2 2.5"
CAI
street tires

I am just curious where to be shifting and what our powerband is?

I do a lot of Highway runs and some dig racing. I will be doing a highway run against a 2.4 Cobalt 2009 with CAI his is an auto.
So, I would like to know
What Gear to start in at what RPM?
When to shift?

This is for tomorrow night so need something ASAP
Thanks
PK
6168, RE: what is our Powerband?
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Youre pretty much just going to have to feel how your car wants to be driven. Our cars usually launch good around 3.5k to 4k on the track. I shift at 7k (stock redline) and no lift off the gas during the 1-2 shift. Just a quick clutch and throw into second. Just that alone took about .5 off my track time. Spend a full day racing at the track and you should know what your car likes.
6169, RE: what is our Powerband?
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by shamoo1
I will be doing a highway run against a 2.4 Cobalt 2009 with CAI his is an auto. So, I would like to know What Gear to start in at what RPM? When to shift? This is for tomorrow night so need something ASAP

Get into 4th gear at about 65mph. Look to your right to be sure there is nobody there, Then downshift quickly into first and cut your wheel real hard to right. You will then slam into whatever is on the side of the road.

That way, innocent people don't have to worry about you.

6170, RE: what is our Powerband?
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
6171, RE: what is our Powerband?
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i hope you wreck before you slam into a van with children in it. keep it on the track.
6172, RE: what is our Powerband?
Posted by bagged420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Like mentioned before keep it off the streets. And your not racing a 2.4 2009 Cobalt because they dropped the 2.4 for the 09 models. And even the 2.2 come with more base power and torque than your eclipse so you'll get the ugly end of the stick(at the track of course)
6173, RE: what is our Powerband?
Posted by shamoo1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well Yes it is a 2.4 when nobody is on the highway i really don't care i am not going fast enough to hurt anyone, who isn't on the road. I am a big advocate for racing at the strip but if i wanna do a little run on the road than i will. I am not dumb and do when there are cars around. Everyone CALM THE F*** DOWN.

The car beat me by about 2 car lengths.
6174, RE: what is our Powerband?
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well Yes it is a 2.4 when nobody is on the highway i really don't care i am not going fast enough to hurt anyone, who isn't on the road. I am a big advocate for racing at the strip but if i wanna do a little run on the road than i will. I am not dumb and do when there are cars around. Everyone CALM THE F*** DOWN. The car beat me by about 2 car lengths.

So basically it was like two snails racing then?

Also, heres to Darwin :thumbsup
6175, RE: what is our Powerband?
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well Yes it is a 2.4

Unless he motor swapped it and continued to keep a slushbox and only install a CAI with that motor swap, then negative ghost rider. You (or the other driver) need to learn how to read the vehicle information correctly. The 2.4 motor was dropped for 2009.
I generated this page in 0.0079519748687744 seconds, executing 7 queries.