Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectRE: Autocrossing for the fist time
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=6154&mesg_id=6161
6161, RE: Autocrossing for the fist time
Posted by barza21, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, well... Where should I start?

I loved it! It's simply awesome! I had fun! Having the ability to push my car to the limits without any repercussions is just great!

With that being said, I am a horrible driver! :P

I walked the course like you guys said, but it just wasnt enough. One thing is to walk and another to drive. When I got in the car for the first time I didnt take it slow like everybody was telling me too. I thought I would be able to take the curves fine, but that didnt happen. The cones just come at you so fast!

Long story short, I was only able to complete 3 of 5 runs. The three that I got in were DNF (Did not finish) :( Some how I always got off the course. It was mostly because I would forget were the course was and the instructor I had didnt teach me anything useful. The only reason why I cut down some times is because of a dude in a Viper told me how to take some curves and when to speed up and down.

Now to the reason why I wasnt able to get all my 5 runs in... Some how, my alternator belt just decided to snap during my third lap. So I had to back out and go get a belt at autozone and install it in the parking lot. Next time I am taking a replacement accessory belt and alternator belt!

All in all it was a really good experience. I got to meet a bunch of new people and learned a lot about my car. Even though it has low comp and a 3.55 trans in it, the car would just fly! :thumbsup Specially through the slalom section. The coilovers would keep it from going all over the place. Really nice how it handled. Ohh btw, yes I did run the whole course in 1st gear basically!

Oh and before I forget, our cars have a heavy ass! I was under steering left and right (this could partially be attributed to the fact that I didnt want to step on the brakes :+ )

The next event is next month and I am looking forward to going, Thanks 2gnt!

P.S. Tim, the Chicago box was awesome! lol
I generated this page in 0.0075287818908691 seconds, executing 6 queries.