Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectI can smell 10's now
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=5778
5778, I can smell 10's now
Posted by Crab1092, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Went to the track this past weekend. Ran 11.3 laps at two different tracks so i know it wasnst a miracle run. Booost would spike to 27 and then fall quickly to 24. I also hooked my nitrous back up this weekend but never used it. Okay i kinda pussed on the nitrous but soon enough it will happen. Its jetted at a 75 shot so I think it will be enough to put me into the 10's if i spray in third and fourth gear.

The best part is i was running consistant 1.7 60' times.

Here are two timeslips and a video.

5779, RE: I can smell 10's now
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sweet times. Can't wait to see the 10's outta you, as far as I know awddynamite never quite got there, it'll be good to see someone besides hahn make it there.
5780, RE: I can smell 10's now
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice
5781, RE: I can smell 10's now
Posted by eclipsed08, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Do you have an LSD in your car? Looks as though maybe not.

5782, RE: I can smell 10's now
Posted by customrsturbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Awesome runs!!!!
Keep it up.
5783, RE: I can smell 10's now
Posted by BoostedEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Glad to see your working your way into the 10's. You need to come back over to Gulfport so I can see you make into the 10's.
5784, RE: I can smell 10's now
Posted by Slammed420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Great Times, Nice video! Can't wait to see someone finally challenging Hahn's record.
5785, RE: I can smell 10's now
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Fuckin' A. great to hear. Breathe deeper, man. You're getting that seat time down and still not spraying. Heavy, congrats (And Awddynomite did not dip into the 10's)

Got a question for you though. Any problem (or issues addressed) with the head lifting? Just been seeing some crap through the grapevine on this issue.

5786, RE: I can smell 10's now
I havent noticed any signs of my head lifting. Not sure what i would be looking for anyways but my coolant stays the same and my oil looks fine....so far. I think if i decide to spray i will change my headstuds to L19 studs. Not sure how much those are going to cost since i think they are custom made, which is one reason why i havent sprayed.

Truthfully my biggest issue is my boost control. If i would hold 27 without spiking to over 30 psi i think i would be able to trap closer to 126 or so, which should put me close to tens. Also i need to ditch the stock throttle body. That, amongst other things, makes me have NO power above 6500. Money is a bitch so i will have to work with what i got for now. Learn to drive it a litte better and see what happens. I dont think i can get anymore "free" weight reductions because the car is as naked as a stripper.

5787, RE: I can smell 10's now
Originally posted by Crab1092
Also i need to ditch the stock throttle body.

:eek Um, why yes, yes you do.
5788, RE: I can smell 10's now
Bullett... Stop buying all the ones that come up for sale and maybe i would have one. Nah just kidding. I am about to get married on April 5 so I cant go too crazy on buying car parts when i spend $10 a gallon on Q16 to run. I am actually waiting to buy one of all motor mike intake manifolds, then i am going to get a throttle body.

Has anyone tried using a 98 mustang Gt TB? I have one that i could use. Its 65mm. The TPS is just like ours. I know i would have to fabricate something to make the idle air control work but besides that i think i am going to start working on that project.
5789, RE: I can smell 10's now
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Bullett... Stop buying all the ones that come up for sale and maybe i would have one. Nah just kidding. I am about to get married on April 5 so I cant go too crazy on buying car parts when i spend $10 a gallon on Q16 to run. I am actually waiting to buy one of all motor mike intake manifolds, then i am going to get a throttle body. Has anyone tried using a 98 mustang Gt TB? I have one that i could use. Its 65mm. The TPS is just like ours. I know i would have to fabricate something to make the idle air control work but besides that i think i am going to start working on that project.

Damn you're still on the stock TB, that's crazy. I would love to see what AMM's intake will do for power on a boosted 2gnt. Will you use some wedding money for dyno time? ;)

P.S. congrats on getting married
5790, RE: I can smell 10's now
Has anyone tried using a 98 mustang Gt TB? I have one that i could use. Its 65mm. The TPS is just like ours. I know i would have to fabricate something to make the idle air control work but besides that i think i am going to start working on that project.

ACTUALLY, I was considering using the 65mm on my NA. I'm still kinda wavering on it at the moment. I got another tweak that I am working on for the NA so the TB is sidelined.

If you're interested I got an old, converted to 2gnt, Jeep TB you can use for the price of shipping. It is a little sloppy and the tps is a little jumpy (once in awhile it sticks), but it does work.

Let me know.

MB

5800, RE: I can smell 10's now
Posted by yzrider, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
With a new tb you should really open her up and take off up top. ALot more air flow as im sure you already are awarer of that fact.
I generated this page in 0.015619993209839 seconds, executing 7 queries.