Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subject14.332@95.77 NA How low can we go?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=5432&mesg_id=5432
5432, 14.332@95.77 NA How low can we go?
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, just ran last night at E-town. Way too crowded, disorganized. Should have been just a Mitsu day. But still had fun and met a LOT of new DSMer's from lots of different groups. 3 runs.

First run, we had no warning. They came to us in staging and said "You're up". Car was cold (170* coolant instead of 195* normally). Heard a valve pop in 2nd gear. NEVER should run cold! That's how you break shit! Got lucky didn't drop the valve and ran a 14.394.

2nd run: 14.558. I got nervous about my buddy's tranny (that I borrowed) so I lifted on my 2-3 shift. Yeah, No lift makes a difference.

3rd run: It had gotten so late that I didn't care about winning my bracket race. I had dialed a 14.45 but said F*** it and ran it like it was a test and tune. Obviously broke out with a 14.332@95.77. That was with a 2.0 launch. Pretty cool numbers, heh heh.

From what I'm seeing, it looks like my top out with the current set-up is going to be in the 14.2's (she was actually not feeling all that good that day. Just didn't "feel" proper. I think it was either too cold for those plugs or I should have changed my plug gap). I now know what launch I want (it's a modification of my RWD launch). But I am out of time to work it. I may try again, one more time this year, but I think I'm going to hibernate and come out with some new surprise next year.

Hey, it's been fun.

MB
I generated this page in 0.011636018753052 seconds, executing 6 queries.