Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectFirst time at the strip
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=5385
5385, First time at the strip
Posted by JayWeezie88, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well tonight me and my friend went to Island Dragway in NJ and got some runs in. I ran 6 times.

Here are the best of my runs:

R/T - .165
60' - 2.578
1/8 - 11.374
1/8 MPH - 63.27
1/4 - 17.549
1/4 MPH - 79.15

Pretty sad, but it was one of the best times I've had with my car so far. Probably going back next week. My mods are CAI, Header, and 2 1/4 cat back exhaust. Oh yeah I'm auto too :wavy
5386, RE: First time at the strip
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by JayWeezie88
Well tonight me and my friend went to Island Dragway in NJ and got some runs in. I ran 6 times. Here are the best of my runs: R/T - .165 60' - 2.578 1/8 - 11.374 1/8 MPH - 63.27 1/4 - 17.549 1/4 MPH - 79.15 Pretty sad, but it was one of the best times I've had with my car so far. Probably going back next week. My mods are CAI, Header, and 2 1/4 cat back exhaust. Oh yeah I'm auto too :wavy

come out to mitsu day at etown next saturday, it'll be good to see some others rockin the 420a

edit: there's a post about it in the announcements section
5387, RE: First time at the strip
Posted by BlackMagic, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Haha don't worry it can only get better with practice.
5391, RE: First time at the strip
lol I'm not a fan of practicing going slow.
5392, RE: First time at the strip
Posted by 96rs-t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow, that is a horrible time..lol, but not as horrible as my first run at the track; I ran a 16.5 WITH A TURBO, on my very first run at the track a long time ago. It was truly a sad and pathetic day for me.
5396, RE: First time at the strip
Posted by Eric, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
First runs at the track are the ugliest. The good thing is you can only get better. 60' time looks to be what is killing you. Get those down and you may be in the 16's. Did you remove the spare/jack and lower the front tires psi? Don't worry about the r/t since it doesn't effect your ET. Good luck on future runs.
5397, RE: First time at the strip
Yeah I'm pretty sure my spare tire is gone and I took out my subs too since they weigh atleast 60lbs. I was thinking about my tire pressure but had no clue what to lower it to. Looks like I have a topic to search on lol. Thanks for the suggestion.
5416, RE: First time at the strip
Posted by jack_of_trades, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Lol, I got lucky. My first time at the track was my best run so far. Woulda been better too if my ATX's TCU isn't FREAKING out on me! x( Granted I have been around the track a long time prior to running my own car though. You'll find little tips here and there from people and your personal experiences that'll make that time start trickling down. :)
5458, RE: First time at the strip
Lol then again you also have a little help from a thing called a turbo.

I went again last friday (10/13) and it was packed so I decided just to spectate. Haha some civic hatch had to be towed. Idk what happened but when the light turned green his car went boom and there was fluid everywhere. I should be going back again this friday (10/20) and hopefully there will be less cars, and a better ET for me :)
5459, RE: First time at the strip
Posted by cc8balla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Lol then again you also have a little help from a thing called a turbo. I went again last friday (10/13) and it was packed so I decided just to spectate. Haha some civic hatch had to be towed. Idk what happened but when the light turned green his car went boom and there was fluid everywhere. I should be going back again this friday (10/20) and hopefully there will be less cars, and a better ET for me :)

Good to see you around homie. Check out some of BulletDSM's threads. I think Mark has some tips in there about launching, tire pressure, etc.

Unless he posts in this thread of course. Keep practicing, it'll get better.
5461, RE: First time at the strip
Hey bro, how's the head rebuild coming along?

5463, RE: First time at the strip
Hey bro, how's the head rebuild coming along?

It went good, as well as rebuilding the bottom end. Just need to save up for the turbo. She's slow as shit now with 8:8 compression.

EDIT: Can't spell for shit.
5464, RE: First time at the strip
Didn't you or weren't you planning on some SRT parts? Im trying to remember way back when the thing they called a forum was still up. (importpost)

5467, RE: First time at the strip
Didn't you or weren't you planning on some SRT parts? Im trying to remember way back when the thing they called a forum was still up. (importpost)

If I was going to go the 2.4 route, I was planning on SRT internals. I just have je 8:8's now and eagle h beams.
5469, RE: First time at the strip
Nice keep me up on the progress.
5462, RE: First time at the strip
Posted by jack_of_trades, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Lol then again you also have a little help from a thing called a turbo.

Yeah, that sure makes your #s go down but learning how to launch and stuff is relevant to any driver, any car. It takes track time and knowledge. Soak it up from these guys on here and you'll see it pay off next time you hit up the track ;)

5465, RE: First time at the strip
Originally posted by jack_of_trades
Originally posted by JayWeezie88 Lol then again you also have a little help from a thing called a turbo.
Yeah, that sure makes your #s go down but learning how to launch and stuff is relevant to any driver, any car. It takes track time and knowledge. Soak it up from these guys on here and you'll see it pay off next time you hit up the track ;)

I was planning on messing around with tire pressure and I was putting in the lowest amounts of gas possible to keep my weight down, yet make it to the track do runs and get home.

Well hopefully all goes well with this Friday.

And oh I've been searching the hell out of launching and tips and what not. Basically when im not doing homework in the computer lab it's mostly spent researching.
I generated this page in 0.0091969966888428 seconds, executing 7 queries.