Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectRE: 14.597 Okey Dokey
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=5226&mesg_id=5271
5271, RE: 14.597 Okey Dokey
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Vengance97
Thanks bullettdsm, you just made up my mind about what I want to do with my car. I was under the impression that if you wanted to break into the 14's with NA, you would have to spend twice the amount of money it would cost for a turbo kit. I have a 97 avenger, so I wanted the afx ecu in the worst way, but would be worthless if I went turbo. Thanks for the info, it will definately come in handy.

Well, it can easily get to that point. Mark saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico and he also did a lot of the work himself. To give you another opinion (and not to discount what Mark's said and you're thinking, because I really want to see more people take this route), here's my list:

Bottom end: $2500
Head + cams: $2100
Bolt-ons: $300
Tuning: $700
Total: $5600

Given you can put a turbo system together for under $2000 with GOOD parts, you can see where things got a bit pricey for me. If I were to do it again, I would probably leave the bottom end alone, aside from rings, bearings, and pumps, and that would save something like $1500 imo. Sticking with stock sized valves and doing the portwork yourself could save a LOT of money on the head, but you're taking a risk if you don't know what you're doing and why.

So, by all means, go all motor. We'd love to see it done. I think it's safe to say that an all motor 2GNT will be in the thirteens before we know it.
I generated this page in 0.0098938941955566 seconds, executing 6 queries.