Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectRE: 14.597 Okey Dokey
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=5226&mesg_id=5258
5258, RE: 14.597 Okey Dokey
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dreamspawn,

Last time on the track was the first time with slicks. So obviously they helped. Still haven't got the tire pressure dialed in. I really needed them for the 1 to 2 shift and the 2 to 3 shift. Got rid of the wheel spin. Great that you got the 97. AF/X is a big difference over the stock ECU. You will need to change the timing etc from stock either with AF/X or the MSnS.

Talon749; I'm not busting on you or anything. Believe me, stranger things have happened, but 147 to the wheels with just an intake and a header sounds very unusual. Our cars generally run about 110whp stock. To gain 37 from just those two add-ons makes me want to question your dyno guy's accuracy. Again, just very unusual.

That being said; You can check my previous mod list for the extent of my mods. I have been telling people that for less than 3k you can run right around 15 and have a rebuilt engine. I sat down and did a litle math;

UDP 150
ECU 300
10.5 JE's 500
Machine Work 350
Bearings 60
Gaskets(w/HG)150
Valves 140
Jeep TB 50
Ram Air 50
Header 100
Clutch 300
Cams 300 (?)

Total: 2450

Some of the parts were good used and all of the labor was mine. This does not include things like a timing "kit" (maybe around 160), or oil pump (another 150?) or suspension mods needed. The reason for that is is because many do already have those things so I don't want to skew the numbers. The list is necessary things.
I did spend another 400 on my suspension. This is needed to get the power to the ground. But you will need that regardless of what you build, be it NA or otherwise. I also spent 40 on a solid front roll stop engine mount and another 50 for the other motor mounts.

In addition to this money I probably spent around another $1000 for "R+D". I did buy/make some things just to check them out and see if they would fit in with what I was doing. I junked a brand new header, I've got both a modular and non modular clutch, I made three TB's, I've got a partial CAI brand new in my junk box, I've got a head with grinding holes into the water jackets (heh, heh), I've got three different intakes. Things like that. You've got to be able to accept that you WILL waste some money and time (I know that Brian can attest to that :thumbsup ).

Good luck to you guys and keep us posted.
Gotta run,
MB
I generated this page in 0.0090060234069824 seconds, executing 6 queries.