Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectRE: 14.597 Okey Dokey
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=5226&mesg_id=5257
5257, RE: 14.597 Okey Dokey
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Dreamspawn
i'm goign to gut the interior completey out *sans dash* but idk.

Consenus is that, for every 100lbs you remove from the car, you can shave a tenth off your E.T.. This *only* applies to experienced drivers who are consistent with their times. Squid Skins, up in Canada, offers CF and fiberglass 2Gb body components for the Talon which, according to the owner (with whom I have discussed this a couple times), shave about 600lbs off the car. They aren't cheap, but if Mark levels off at 14.5s, consistently, reducing the weight of the car by 600lbs could, theoretically at least, put him into high 13s all motor. I would shit my pants.

Originally posted by Dreamspawn
Thanks mine i hve a 97 to so i've already looked at the AF/X ECU

If you are serious about making some record-breaking NA times, I'm going to go ahead and say you need to get MSnS. The AFX/R is great. I had it, I loved it, and I miss having it installed on my car. The stock ECU is a stupid turd concerned only with economy and reliability. The AFX/R is a nice step up which requires no thinking whatsoever, but for the money, the MSnS gives you much, much more tunability for your mods and will allow you to fully make use of them.

I generated this page in 0.006911039352417 seconds, executing 6 queries.