Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectJust a Mustang GT
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=5107
5107, Just a Mustang GT
Posted by Ryan_Hes, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I dont post here much but oh well. Tonight on this long road here called Veterans Parkway, super flat and super smooth...nice and long. This Mustang GT with exhaust is cruising Im pacing him at about 40 - he smashes on it so I follow suit.

Im boosting about 13psi, cool night outside too. He mashed on it, it was noticeable he was TRYING to go fast... So I mash on it just after ..As soon as full boost hit it was as if the Mustang were standing still.. I was straight flying. I ran 3rd up to about 100mph just to put the exclamation point on it. I know its just a Mustang GT...but it was fun and I figured id post - It is so exhilerating to completely over run and pass him when he is giving it his all... haha. It was such a joke of a race. I cant believe the margin. Not even a neck and neck ordeal wahatsoever.

I think this clutch has given me a huge improvement. I feel like..more power is going to the ground, or the LSD is working better...cant put my finger on it...
5108, RE: Just a Mustang GT
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nice kill. What year mustang?

5109, RE: Just a Mustang GT
Posted by CarbonFiberRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nice, however this is a war story x( wrong section.
5110, RE: Just a Mustang GT
Posted by joeck76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
very nice kill, love eating up them big bad v-8's honestly i think it would have been alot fair'er if you wer toned down to about 5 psi. Than it might have been neck to neck. Either way good kill:thumbsup
5111, RE: Just a Mustang GT
Posted by BlackMagic, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nice kill, now where is that justin guy commin to tell you to race HIS mustang.
5112, RE: Just a Mustang GT
Posted by CarbonFiberRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BlackMagic
Nice kill, now where is that justin guy commin to tell you to race HIS mustang.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing... Maybe he realized what he was doing was lame.
5113, RE: Just a Mustang GT
Posted by cougar694u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I raced a GST a while back and I spanked him several times until we got on the freeway, then it was hard to pull away, really hard.

Some mustangs are pigs, and some run really well.

Do you remember the body style? Did it have the square tail lights, or were they the rounded, vertical style, or rounded, horizontal style?

Either way, good job.

I can't seem to find anyone to race anymore, except Mach I's that fuck with me. I know better than that. Maybe from a dig, but not on the freeway. I live 8 miles from work and saw 4 in one day on my way home. It's like it's being rubbed in my face because I've wanted one so bad, even when it was a concept back in late 2000, early 2001.
5114, RE: Just a Mustang GT
Posted by EclipseRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ryan, how often are you on Veteran's Parkway? Do you go to ISU or frequent Normal?
I generated this page in 0.0088620185852051 seconds, executing 7 queries.