Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectNew times from a local test n tune
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=4952
4952, New times from a local test n tune
Posted by QC DSM ESiT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well it's been pretty much the entire summer since I've been up my local track. Since then I've gotten polyurethane mounts for both side and the back motor mount and a solid front motor mount in hope in get rid of wheel hop. I also had some different rims with better tires on this time too. I turned up the boost to 8 PSI and tuned a little before I went there. Get to track and my goal for the entire night was to get into the 14's. After the first run the goal completely changed. First run I got a 14.736 @ 94.64 MPH with no wheel hop and a lot better grip. Second run had a bad launch and and got a 14.8 and somewhere in that run I threw my PS belt. It was no big deal though. It actually was still in the engine bay and didn't take out my alternator belt so it was alright. I ripped out the belt and continued. Third run and actually the best run of the night was a 14.562 @ 97.75 MPH with a 2.192 60ft. so there is definitly room for improvement. The rest of the night it was ranging in the high 14's. The 5th run was the second best run with a 14.573 @ 95.33 MPH. So I think I might hit the track a couple more times to see if I can get it down any more. The entire night I was pissing off the V8 guys though as I kept beating my friends 89 Mustang 5.0. Also beat a 80's Monty Carlo and actually beat a Trans Am WS6 but he obviously screwed something up because he ran like a 15.0 and I could it was probably his first time ever running the car so he might have just been taking it easy. I was pretty happy with the times that night but I think I can get it lower so I will try a couple more times and hopefully the times will get lower.
4953, RE: New times from a local test n tune
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice numbers...way to beat the v8's
4954, RE: New times from a local test n tune
Posted by totaleklipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Way to go blueman!! Those times are good for only 8psi and a mild tune. Keep up the improvement and remember it's all about the skill!!
4957, RE: New times from a local test n tune
Posted by QC DSM ESiT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by totaleklipse97
Way to go blueman!! Those times are good for only 8psi and a mild tune. Keep up the improvement and remember it's all about the skill!!

Thanks man. I hope to hit the track a couple more times before it gets to cold. So I hope i can get the times down a little more.
4973, RE: New times from a local test n tune
Posted by DarkEclips96, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey, I would like to know what your set up contains and what you did to tune it? I will be installing my hahn stage 2 in hopefully next few weeks and would like to work on getting those numbers too. Also you said you turned it up to 8psi. Isnt that what the kit comes at, or did you get like a 5lb spring for the actuator arm?
4974, RE: New times from a local test n tune
Posted by injendsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DarkEclips96
Hey, I would like to know what your set up contains and what you did to tune it? I will be installing my hahn stage 2 in hopefully next few weeks and would like to work on getting those numbers too. Also you said you turned it up to 8psi. Isnt that what the kit comes at, or did you get like a 5lb spring for the actuator arm?

click the dsmregistry link in his sig for a list of what his setup contains. back on topic, those are some very nice times man.
I generated this page in 0.0092141628265381 seconds, executing 7 queries.