Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectRE: What is your embarassment moment
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=212&mesg_id=5705
5705, RE: What is your embarassment moment
Posted by justins71, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So I'll take a chance bumping - I got a story or two to share :P

First one is while I was "experimenting" with my 71 Chevelle - which i fuel injected a +30 SBC 350 and was runnin a 700R4. I hooked up a Holset WHX-35 set to 12 psi, no intercooler, just to see how it would hold up. I made my own log manifold styled after our Grand National, and set out one night from my shop where I threw everything on it. I tried a dead stop WOT, and it just lugged and didn't even break the tires loose. I was kinda pissed so I just took it down the street, where i got up around 40mph, dropped it into 2nd (rev limiter was set to 7000 rpm) and gunned it. The boost gauge read 1..2..5...12 in about 1 second, and the back end went squirrly almost putting me into the ditch. So at this point I'm all excited, so I take it a mile to a popular road, just to mess around. I turn and get 60ish on the highway, left-hand lane, where this civic is screwing with me. I'm like 'alright buddy...', and I floor it. Boost screams (no air filter, either, and DP exiting in front of front right tire), I take off like mad, hit like 100 and get the just-kicked-his-ass-rush, when I look into my rear-view to see how many lengths i got on him. I don't see any headlights, even though the highway was sort-of busy. Everyone was getting into the far right lane, and i couldn't see anyone behind me beause they were smoke-screened out! Turns out the seal had blown on the turbo (was sittin on a shelf a few months), and was dumping oil into the engine to the point that I couldn't see a car if it was 20 feet behind me. I exited at quick as I could and went back to the shop and took the thing off. To add insult to injury, I alomst blew the engine when I d/c my oil feed line to the the turbo, and forgot to plug the hole in the block. I fired it up and it ran about 5 seconds, the I heard a squeak-squeak, at which i shut it down. Got out and there's 5 qts of oil on the ground underneath my engine...
I generated this page in 0.0095720291137695 seconds, executing 6 queries.