Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectRE: What is your embarassment moment
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=212&mesg_id=241
241, RE: What is your embarassment moment
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hmm it's pretty embarassing when you understeer and plow into cones during an autox and everyone saw you do it. Or try to bust a fat drift you do something stupid like step on the brake or upshift. That stuff just wastes you time and feel cheated.

Hmm I guess the most embarassing was when I first built my Home Depot ABS cold air extension intake and I just attached my HKS filter to the extension and didn't have anything to clamp to the stock piping. SO thinking yeah I'm badass I'll go take my car to the illegals (yeah this was back in the day when I used to do that nonesense) and I yeah intake is working great little more power and all. Then while I'm driving up a bridge following the other rice burners I feel a clunk followed by a draging noise. SO I pull over on the bridge with my hazards on and I'm horrified to see my extension and HKS filter are dragging under the car. I'm like whew the filter is ok just alittle scratched up. SO I put it on the the short arm and hand tighten it. Big mistake on the FREEWAY I feel a clunk, I'm like OMG WTF was that. ANd my friend is with me and all I felt hella embarassed. So we go to were we wanna go and I find out the freakin bolt loosened and the cage for the HKS filter fell out with the filter element. The rest of the night I'm driving around with no filter while it sprinkling and depressed. Then when I got home I busted out OH NO the stock intake box O_o! I sure felt the loss of power! So I had to go make CAI stage 2 and I won't get into that, but it ends with a happy story hehe....
I generated this page in 0.0077331066131592 seconds, executing 6 queries.