Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjecthere ya go
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=212&mesg_id=217
217, here ya go
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was at New England Dragway at the import event in 2000, and I though I was going to be clever and make my own fiberglass intake with a resonance chamber (theoretically, it would tune your car for more HP at a certain RPM range, it fit onto the upper part of my iceman intake). Well, this thing was ugly, really ugly, but it worked. It didn't give more or less pwer than the iceman, but it worked.

The problem was it wasn't attached so well to the car. It seems fiberglass and epoxy resin gets a little soft if heated up too uch :)

Here's the embarrasing moment. I was in line at the drag strip and pulling in front of the burnout box, when I turned the wheel to straighten the car out and moved forward, I hear this loud crunching sound. I get out of the car and see my ugly intake laying onthe ground behind the car. It had charred slightly as it hit the header when it fell out. So, naturally I ran out of the car to get it and threw it inthe back seat and did the drag run without it.

The only thing was, the stands were packed, I mean PACKED to capacity, so EVERYONE saw this piece of something or other fall out of the back of the car and though my car was falling apart at the line! A few people had to come by and ask me what the hell was going on and what on earth I was thinking.
I generated this page in 0.0072848796844482 seconds, executing 6 queries.