Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectwhy the hazards?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=1508
1508, why the hazards?
Posted by eclipse_99rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was just wondering what is the deal with the hazard lights going on after a race? after i raced a prelude he hit the hazerds.
1509, RE: why the hazards?
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it means "I won, you lost, ha ha"
1510, RE: why the hazards?
really? cuz we were dead even all the way up to 125mph and we both shut down. Well at least he thaught he won:nono
1511, RE: why the hazards?
Posted by MetalJim, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It's so the people at the starting line can see who won the race from a quarter mile away.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Gude cams : test pipe : AFX UDP : ram air : Thrush glasspack : Dual air horns : Kenwood KDC 5000 : AutoCommand remote start
incomming - lower strut bars
1512, RE: why the hazards?
Posted by fasterGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>It's so the people at the starting line can see who won the
>race from a quarter mile away.

I hope you mean street racing, if you did that at the track you might find your tires slashed the next day LOL j/k
1513, RE: why the hazards?
there was no one at the starting line because there wasnt one it was on the highway real late at night.
1514, RE: why the hazards?
Posted by fatchance, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it's because honda owners go into orgasmic spasms when they think they win, and hit every Goddamned button in the car!
1515, RE: why the hazards?
Posted by GTAGRIP, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
^^^^hahahaha
1516, RE: why the hazards?
Posted by optimuspeterson, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well then this guy must of had a little pre-orgasim if you know what i mean :-)
1517, RE: why the hazards?
Posted by fatchance, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
he's what we call a two pump chump. . . .
1518, RE: why the hazards?
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
LMAO, while the thread contails very little real information... it made me laugh, thanks :-)

Una salus victus.
"We are going to have peace even if we have to fight for it." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

All motor in the making.

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Hooker Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730, Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: P&P Milled Head, Rear Disc Brakes, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines
1519, RE: why the hazards?
Posted by brynden29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
They are also used in conjunction with the "ricer flyby". I am sure we all know what that is. :)
1520, RE: why the hazards?
Posted by EclipseTical, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ha ha ha ha.. That's some funny shit phil. The hazzards are truly becoming a ricer favorite, along with the traditional ricer fly by like brynden said. Good job w/ the prelude, i can't keep up with those damn things that long, their top end kills me.
1521, RE: why the hazards?
Posted by SaberKhan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If someone gets really cocky with me, then starts talkin shit and I beat their ass, I'll put the hazards on'em. :) Also, I like to give Civics the hazards whenever I race them. :P
1522, RE: why the hazards?
Posted by EclipseTical, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i think we all have a little special place in our hearts for civics, especially you fatchance. The only time i ever did the flasher things was racing a friend of mine because hes such a ricer and will do that shit to you if he gets even a milimeter in front of you, even if you aren't trying to race.
1523, RE: why the hazards?
Posted by xEclipsE RaceRx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I know I did it cuz of the video games like Tokyo Xtreme Racer :-D hahaha i cant believe it...i always remember my friends saying go up behind em and flash yur high beams over and over real fast....hehe stupid video games...but dat game is tight

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/Drop/
1524, RE: why the hazards?
Posted by invaznGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah i was driving down this parkway by my house and this stupid chevy malibu sticks his hand down his window and gives me a thumbs down and flashed his hazards..and i pull up next to him at the stop light and he's like "dude your car is slow! turbo it" and in my head i was thinking "uh im already turbo'd idiot" and i asked him if he wanted to race and he said "sure" and I just about beat him in 1st gear. flashed my hazards and braked so he could catch up and i gunned it again..i don't usually do hazards and all that gay crap but that idiot was just being stupid.
1525, RE: why the hazards?
Posted by dudasd, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Actually the real maening behind it is from over in Japan. That and the light flasshing. When you street race over there, the hazards are usually run while racing to let people know to get the f#%$ out of the way and the light flashing is done when you pull up on someone that you want to race. The only downfall is once you flash the beams you better be on the throttle because the guy is gonna go so you better have enough to catch up and overtake him. If you ever watch the video clips on the Tokyo Midnight racing game of real street racing in Japan then you'll see how they are doing it with the lights and all. Not to mention look at how fast those cars are....SICK!!!!
I generated this page in 0.010560989379883 seconds, executing 7 queries.