Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectRE: First time at the track soon. Advice? Times?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=5626&mesg_id=5629
5629, RE: First time at the track soon. Advice? Times?
Posted by Eric, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I suggest parking your car and watching a few runs after you get your car tech'd (inspected). This will allow your car to cool down. Also, it is good if you have never gone because you can see what other racers are doing, see the staging lanes, starting line, end of the quarter mile, see what side of the track the lane back to the pits is located, and where the ET booth is located.

You are going to want to lower your front tire pressure to get better traction. I would say you should start with 25 psi (warm tires) and go lower as you see fit. Make sure to put air back in them when you leave! When your about to make your run turn off your radio, ac, and roll up your windows and close your sunroof. Don't use the waterbox as it is for if you have slicks. Drive around the waterbox and spin your tires next to it. Slowly drive up to stage your wheels in the beam as many new people to the track don't know where it is and drive right through it. You must get both the top 2 sets of staging lights to turn on before they drop the lights. Don't worry about your R/T because it doesn't effect your 1/4 time. Most people start to accelerate on the 3rd light because it takes a lot of time to react to the light and get the car moving. Don't forget to stop at the ET booth to pick up your time slip.

Good luck!
I generated this page in 0.012333869934082 seconds, executing 6 queries.