Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectFirst time running the 1/4 turbo...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=4846&mesg_id=4846
4846, First time running the 1/4 turbo...
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Man I suck at launching...

2.543 60'
14.807 ET
101.53 MPH

I was running consistant 2.5-2.6 60's. That's f'in horrible. I just couldn't transistion into boost, it was like a on/off switch thanks to the potato and no stand alone (unable to part throttle boost w/o running lean because of closed loop, and at any given time I have full boost when I go to WOT). I would launch decent like I'm use to N/A (got a 2.3 as my best 60' N/A) and then as soon as I'm kinda high in the rpm range I would punch it and just spin out, so I would shift to second, and *spin all the way* to third, because I'm an idiot. I tried modulating the gas, but like I said the boost was either on or off. One time I tried launching in second (lol) and it bogged out untill the turbo spooled, then I spun to third (2.9 60' on that one lol). I kept running and running thinking I would be able to lower my 60', but I kept screwing up doing the same thing (I ran 11 times).

Does anyone know what MPH should be good for a 13, as that is my goal for the stock bottom end. My friend got a 13.9 @ 103.62 on his turbo integra w/ a 2.26 60' today, but I'm curious what MPH is practical for a 2gnt to get a 13. BTW, I'm running at 9 psi (small turbo) with no signs of detonation, low EGT's (1300'ish), lots of fuel.

It was over 100* out, the news said yesterday and today have been the hotest days in 3 years here (I was getting 130* intake temps down the track, because I went cheap and used heatsoaking steel to make my ic piping). Thanks to my intelligent planning I got my friends to plan to go to the dragstrip on it. I did beat a Infinity G35 so that was fun.

Oh yeah, I have pretty decent tires, 215 Yokohoma G-Force Sports ran at 20 psi, and my suspension set soft up front and stiff in the back. I just gotta learn how to launch or something... It was stressful today. Maybe, I just couldn't concentrate because of the heat.

I should have some video up later.
I generated this page in 0.008436918258667 seconds, executing 6 queries.