Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectRE: SCCA
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=398&mesg_id=401
401, RE: SCCA
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yup it's loads of fun, you learn a lot about racing. You see how other people drive, you'd be surprised how fast a car is when the driver is good.

First thing to do is visit SCCA.org and get some info. Find out what region your in and go to your regions website.

Print out a registration form and send in the whooping 25 dollar fee. This membership gets you a subscription to Sports Car magazine (not sprot compact haha like I originally thought), it gets you into scca track events, it also allows you to be a volunteer for race crews. Worth every penny.

You'll need a good racing helmet as well if you don't have one yet you should get a SA2000 rated helmet (yeah it's really expensive) so you can use it at a race track as well, those go for about 150 at the cheapest.

You should find out what class your car is depending on the mods you have. I should be running ESP or Street Touring, ESP is with the big cars like RX7s and stangs.

Try to make a car number or buy magnetic numbers for your car. I just print mine off of the computer (hehe 420) and use tape to stick it onto the car hehe.

Find out when the next autox event will be I'm guessing Solo2 correct?

Then get help from the peeps there on what you should do. MOst of all have fun.

Autox consists of, tech, working, and racing. Yes you have to work if no 1 worked this autox thingie wouldn't work. I just pick up cones working on the course is the best view of the racing too ^_^

I'm glad to see there are some people here that are interested in expanding their driving techiniques here.
I generated this page in 0.0072619915008545 seconds, executing 6 queries.