Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjecttire pressure and launch question (no0b)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=3321&mesg_id=3321
3321, tire pressure and launch question (no0b)
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Before I did my rebuild, I could wind her up to about 3 grand and let the clutch out nice and linear, making for a quick launch (never been to the track before, but still knew it was a decent launch).

Now, with this high CR rebuild and the grippier PT Cruiser clutch, I've been giving my launch some practice in the industrial parks with no traffic after dark, and I either lug it off the start or smoke them all through first (well, smoke the one anyways :P )

I've tried going from 3 grand, 2, and even 1000 RPM, but I always do one or the other (lug or spin). Should I maybe adjust my tire pressure to get a little more bite? If so, how much? I ususally run my tires about 36-38psi, but I'm thinking I should leave them aired up until I get to the track and then drop pressure while they're warmed up.

I'll be going to the track the evening of the 20th and I want to be able to at least get a decent launch. Any input would be greatly appreiciated as always.

TIA! ;)
I generated this page in 0.0096750259399414 seconds, executing 6 queries.