Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectRE: Street Racing Runs?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=1286&mesg_id=3004
3004, RE: Street Racing Runs?
Posted by senseiturtle, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This engine has a lot more torque than one would expect. On the street, this is what matters... the sheer raw ability to turn the wheels.

Here's what I go by, and feel free to add/comment.. Just base it on first hand experience, not racing against your sister.

Z24's are a definite challenge. (more displacement and torque, might be a little lighter too)

Stock 4cyl hondas/acuras are quite beatable, unless signifigant mods have gone into them. Teg's are about equal to our cars, all things considered, so they'll be fun to race. Dont even try a new RSX typeS, unless you got a suprise under the hood. I've seen several run 14's with boltons. Engine swaps are very dangerous.

Celica GT's- not a problem... the engines rev extremely high and the powerband is very small. GTS's will probably catch you a little later down the strip.

Mustangs- Here's a source of debate. Auto mustangs are extremely slow, compared to their GT brothers. 5spd will definitley give you more of a challenge, but I've never seen a nearly stock 6cyl 'stang get out of the low 16's. GT's have just too much torque, and will likely wax you. Mods put those v8's in the 13's with little problem.

Any generic NA 4cyl is a probable win, save for the above exceptions. V6's are a different matter, as some are slow and some are definitley not. Watch out for V6 camrys/avalons (will run 15's with boltons, i promise. I owned one), v6 altimas/maximas and v6 accords.

Any comments/additions welcome.
I generated this page in 0.028517007827759 seconds, executing 6 queries.