Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectWHAT DO I NEED FOR A 14 SECOND 1/4 MILE
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=2763&mesg_id=2763
2763, WHAT DO I NEED FOR A 14 SECOND 1/4 MILE
Posted by philcav7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am just wonder what kind of mods I need to do to get under 15 seconds with a 96 RS? From what I gathered here, stock the car should run mid 16's.
I don't want to add a turbo but I do plan on doing a 50-75HP N2O system, exhaust, and building the top end of the engine(cam, TB, springs, porting, injectors)
What do I need to do with the tranny, clutch or axles? How about suspension? I am not familiar with FWD drivetrains.

I previously had a 86 Mustang than ran 12.4's to 12.9's without the N2O system, unfortunatly I never got to fill the bottle before I sold the car. I am sure that I could have broke into the 11's with the spray. I again have a need for speed but I am starting to question my sanity for spending thousands of dollars in hi-po upgrades to end up with a 15 second car.

The eclipse is now my daily driver. Is it possible(practical)to have have this thing be quick and streetable. I would like to add that I have state emissions testing, am I screwed?

Thanks for any input.
I generated this page in 0.010247945785522 seconds, executing 6 queries.