Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectRE: Street Racing Runs?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=1286&mesg_id=2272
2272, RE: Street Racing Runs?
Posted by woo2gnt97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have an auto 97 rs w/ a few basic mods, including the final drive gears and i still get my ass burned when i race my friend's auto 95 cavelier z24. He has just intake and exhaust and usually takes me by about 2 cars in a 1/4 when i have my box w/ the 12'' subs in the back. Not sure how much this helps because his is a 95, the only year with the 2.3 liter engine.

I hear the 2000+ 2.4 ecotecs are faster, and that the manuals on caveliers aren't THAT much faster than autos on caveliers.

Also, same friend with the 95 cav raced a 98 manual gs and was behind him until the gs missed 3rd (haha). And I raced the same gs in my auto and beat him by about 2 cars - was a wierd race though. I know i shouldn't have beat him .. and defintely not by that much. I'm thinking he missed a gear and was too ashamed to admit it again.

Either way, shows a shitty driver makes a big difference.

Also, conclusion I have is that a auto or manual z24 WILL beat an auto 2gnt. I can't say much for a stick though, as i have no experience driving one really heh.

Goodluck either way :)

Black 97 RS a/t
Final Drive Gears
Nakayama CAI
Custom Cat Back Exhaust
Magnecore Wires
I generated this page in 0.014942169189453 seconds, executing 6 queries.