Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectcustom enclosure setup
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=9374
9374, custom enclosure setup
Posted by kelvinb1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey all, looking to see if anyone has any pics of an aftermarket spare tire into a custom enclosure in the back? basically what i want to do is have 1 sub, my type r, 2 amps on each side, and have my spare right in the middle. i thought it would be cool to do. I also was going to make the car pc with a touch screen glass'ed into where the cd player is, and move it to the vents at the top. also have a wireless card installed in it so i can download the songs from my server at home. lots of ideas are rolling through my head so if anyone has any other suggestions (other then stfu) id apperciate it! thanks, kelvin
9375, RE: custom enclosure setup
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
a few things:

1) moving your HU to the center vents WILL work, but it is VERY hard. unles you plann on doing a custom fiberglass piece, you will have to angle the unit so that it fits without creating any weak spots. even then, you will need to brace the HU so that it doesnt put any uneeded stress on the new cover piece.

2) the hatch is pretty easy to work with. you will need to cut out the spare brackets to do any glass work in there. do a search and you will come up with a lot of info. if you have any specific questions, just ask!

3) mounting the spare will be difficult, but i highly admire the fact that you want to keep it. do!!!!! consider mounting it vertically towards the back of the rear seat. if you can build up enough space through installing the subs and amps, all it might take is a wooden box (minus the top) that the tire slides down into, plus a verticle brace for it to screw into. you could also then make a "hubcap" displaying the logos of the gear you use or something that fits over the rim (attached with velcro).
9377, RE: custom enclosure setup
Posted by kelvinb1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea i had taken everything out behind the front seats, just measuring it all out. i put it all back in and it seems that i can find it all in there. basically i will glass the sub at an angle towards the back, the amps are fairly small, they will have a plexi glass window, debating on weather i should carpet or paint. although carpeting would be cool, im leaning towards bondo/painting it. im sure this is going to suck ass to do, but after all the time and effort i put into i think it will look good. Really all i need to do is make the frames for everything to set in. prop it up to what i want it to look like and thats that! after 5 months of work haha. anyways i seen some audi that had a tight ass car pc setup, had a few pics of the work he had done and it was awesome. thats what ive been going off of so im going to try it. my moonroof and rear brake conversion is coming to so, lots of stuff being done. ill update later. thanks, Kelvin
I generated this page in 0.0138840675354 seconds, executing 7 queries.