Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectnew faceplate????
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=9313
9313, new faceplate????
Posted by Eclipse R97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ummm I was thinking of getting a new faceplate for my deck n was wondering if I could just get a new faceplate instead of a deck. Will any faceplate fit or will I have to get a completely deck? need this answerd asap
9314, RE: new faceplate????
Posted by scothern, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Eclipse R97
ummm I was thinking of getting a new faceplate for my cd player n was wondering if I could just get a new faceplate instead of a new cd player. Will any faceplate fit or will I have to get a completely new cd player? need this answerd asap

Any face of teh smae model will work. It needs to be the same model from teh sma manufacuter. You can't put a kenwood face on an alpine an so on...

I need to get a new one too mine is all f'ed up. I don't suppose you have a pioneer do you? I have had this DEH-P7000R for about 6 years and I am on my 3rd Faceplate. Their products suck anymore.
9315, RE: new faceplate????
Posted by Eclipse R97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
srry dude can't help you there i have a sony explode...heh so could I like get a different faceplate by sony that is not xplode series n still get it to fit?

but thx for the reply
9316, RE: new faceplate????
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
no.
9321, RE: new faceplate????
Posted by 96eclipse2nr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
contact sony and ask about it. when my brother bought his kenwood, they gave him a code and if he ever lost his faceplate he would have to provide that code in order to get a replacement. guess they didnt want theives jacking a faceplateless HU and just ordering a replacement from the serial numbers. surely they can hook you up
9367, RE: new faceplate????
Posted by scothern, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 96eclipse2nr
contact sony and ask about it. when my brother bought his kenwood, they gave him a code and if he ever lost his faceplate he would have to provide that code in order to get a replacement. guess they didnt want theives jacking a faceplateless HU and just ordering a replacement from the serial numbers. surely they can hook you up

Yeah and Pioneer doesnt care. Just order a new face. But check it...

I have a 5 year old unit. Its a DEH-P7000R. Retailed for $379. anyhow to repalce the face(i'm on my third) it will cost $180+Tax and Shipping. Jesus man I think I will just invest in a new unit all together.

I generated this page in 0.019745111465454 seconds, executing 7 queries.