Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subject1st evar post in here - dash speakers... prewired?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=6877
6877, 1st evar post in here - dash speakers... prewired?
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got a base model Talon and I have the caps over the holes for the dash speakers, but I've been thinking about getting some speakers up there. When I bought the car, it had no stereo (I bought it brand new with no radio), but when I put my first system in it (stolen years ago) we found that it already had speakers in the doors and rear panels. Conncected and everything.

Do you think, then, that if I were to pick up a pair for the dash, they would just work with the deck wired into the harness correctly? Or am I going to have to buy some component set and run wires?

Thanks guys. My leg kinda blocks any sound from the door on my side and I'd like to hear some treble too. :P
6878, RE: 1st evar post in here - dash speakers... prewired?
Posted by cool_g_83, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Im going to have to guess on this one but if there arent speakers up there then i doubt they are prewired, but it never hurts to pop em off and check. I have a 96 esi and it came w/ speakers up front that i might be thinking of replacing w/ some lexon tweeters that are sold on ebay (goto ebay -> search for "eclipse tweeters"). They are supposed to be direct replacements so they should fit good. Anyone heard if these are decent, i mean for 10 bucks shipped or around there, it might be worth a shot. :thumbsup
6879, RE: 1st evar post in here - dash speakers... prewired?
Posted by Blk95Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>Im going to have to guess on this one but if there arent
>speakers up there then i doubt they are prewired, but it never
>hurts to pop em off and check. I have a 96 esi and it came w/
>speakers up front that i might be thinking of replacing w/
>some lexon tweeters that are sold on ebay (goto ebay -> search
>for "eclipse tweeters"). They are supposed to be direct
>replacements so they should fit good. Anyone heard if these
>are decent, i mean for 10 bucks shipped or around there, it
>might be worth a shot. :thumbsup

I had a 95talon esi and the factory tweeters never worked since the day I bought the car. I got the lexon ones from ebay for like 15$ shipped. they do fit perfectly, but I had to cut the wire harness off and put on some speaker clips from radio shack.

I warn those looking into these tweeters...they are loud. If you dont have a sub the treble can easily ruin your music. If you have a sub, they blend in well though. Just be prepared to tone them down a bit.
6888, RE: 1st evar post in here - dash speakers... prewired?
Posted by cool_g_83, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just how loud are we talkin'? I have infinity reference's all the way around 6 1/2's and two 12" rockford fosgate HE's powered by a rockford fosgate 500.1 power amp. Would they blend nicely or would they just be a nuisense (sp?)? Thanks
6889, RE: 1st evar post in here - dash speakers... prewired?
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Interesting...

Thanks guys. I will see what I see when I take a look-see! :P
6896, RE: 1st evar post in here - dash speakers... prewired?
Posted by Blk95Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>Just how loud are we talkin'? I have infinity reference's
>all the way around 6 1/2's and two 12" rockford fosgate HE's
>powered by a rockford fosgate 500.1 power amp. Would they
>blend nicely or would they just be a nuisense (sp?)? Thanks

I had Pioneer speakers all around, 6.5" 3 ways in the rear, 5.25" 2 ways in the front doors, and a 10" sub being fed 500watts rms, and they still could over power everything. I would normally fade the music to the rear by just a hair to make everything come together.

If you dont have a full system, dont buy these. If your built up (like you are) then they should be fine.
I generated this page in 0.014614105224609 seconds, executing 7 queries.