Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectInfinity stock system and other ?'s
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=6008
6008, Infinity stock system and other ?'s
Posted by Attrayant, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey all you audio pimps. How do I know if my car came with the infinity system or not? Its a 96 RS. Also, what are good sizes to get to replace the interior speakers? I do not want to add a subwoofer, just upgrade with some good speakers. I did a search, but I got mixed answers. Tia!
6034, RE: Infinity stock system and other ?'s
Posted by DStar97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't know about yours, but when I got my Eclipse RS, I had a stock tape/radio player with the CD player on the bottom. I don't think it was an Infinity because there would be an Infinity logo somewhere and an Infinity amp under the seat. I don't think, although I could be wrong, that the Infinity was available to RS's.

I would definately consider upgrading all the speakers and tweeters. Stock sizes would be just fine. Also, look on Ebay for cheap Lexon tweeters. I got a pair for 10 bucks and they are simply amazing. Then again, the are powered by an amp, but none the less.

6038, RE: Infinity stock system and other ?'s
Posted by Mannyyy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, if you have the Infinity system your radio should have an Infinity logo and an amp under the passenger seat.

You can fit 6.5's in the doors and 6x9's in the rear by trimming the bracket a little bit.
6041, RE: Infinity stock system and other ?'s
Posted by 250lemans, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
simply as they said if you have an amp under the pass seat you have an infinity system
as far as speakers 6.5's doors and 6x9's rear brand depends on your budget but if you have the inf amp and want to keep it you don't need to go crazy it only puts out like 18w rms to each speaker
and i 2nd those lexxon tweeters got them for $6 hehe best bang for the buck i've spent
I generated this page in 0.0073609352111816 seconds, executing 7 queries.