Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectalarm quit???
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=5634
5634, alarm quit???
Posted by 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My alarm quit. the 790XV responder from viper. I can press arm/lock and it just beeps and won't do shit. WTF can this be? Antenna not picking up the signal? Maybe when installing the pillar I unhooked it? x(
5635, RE: alarm quit???
Posted by audiophyl, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you unplugged the antenna wire, the unit should do anything. Double check that connection and the fuses on the brain.

Also check the remote battery. It might be a little low on power!

Good luck to ya!
5636, RE: alarm quit???
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes, def check that ant connection, as if its unhooked, nothing will respond on the responder :)
5637, RE: alarm quit???
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
But if it quit responding then why would it beep once whenever he tried to arm/disarm it? What about if one of the zones sensors was bad, like a hood pin switch being stuck open or something? Have you tried to reset it to factory defaults and then reprogam it?
-Chris b.
5638, RE: alarm quit???
the remote is giving the beep that means- you are out of range. But I know I can't get any closer than touching the antenna. :P My responder isn't responding. WTF!? I broke my stereo harness when trying to re-install the interior parts, SO I have to go to the audio shop. I'll have them look at it. I will check my antenna wiring b4 that. It takes like 2 secs to get the pillar off. :thumbsup Thanks for the feedback on this. I was hoping it would be simple. I still hope it is tho.
5643, RE: alarm quit???
antenna was unplugged. :rolleyes
I generated this page in 0.0090022087097168 seconds, executing 7 queries.