Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subject$200 bux for subs?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=5430
5430, $200 bux for subs?
Posted by MaX BoOsTe12, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

Hey guys,

Is it a good deal for 2 10" JL W3 for $200 bux. They r slightly used. TIA

5437, RE: $200 bux for subs?
Posted by SlowButLow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
A year ago it probably was but now you can get one 10" W7 for $300 off of eBay. I would much rather have W7 than two W3s. Thats just me though. Most of the ones on eBay are legit to, most people think that they are not but I know at least ten people who have bought W7s from there for $300 and they were brand new with warranty and everything. I'm about to put two 12W7s in my car.

Eclipse RS-T...The -T Stand for Non-Turbo!
5442, RE: $200 bux for subs?
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i guess the answer depends on a few things...have you heard them? do they sound good to you? do they come with a box? do you have a good amp to push them with?

i am personally not a fan of JL audio, however i do respect the people that like them because they make an awesome product. IMO, however, you can get better subs (used) nowadays for 200 bucks. im not going to go off with a list of products though, thats for your ears to decide.

if you havent listedned to them yet, do so, and see if you think its worth it.
5452, RE: $200 bux for subs?
Posted by MaX BoOsTe12, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks for the replys. Yes, they still kick really good. He says he only had them on his car for half a year. Wut do u guys think would b a good price? TIA
5457, RE: $200 bux for subs?
Posted by SlowButLow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I mean $200 isnt that bad of a price because W3s aernt exactly shitty speakers. If you dont feel like messing with ordering online and stuff then $200 is probably good. But I'd offer him $150, if he needs it then he will take it. If he dont, then give him $200.

Eclipse RS-T...The -T Stand for Non-Turbo!
5515, RE: $200 bux for subs?
Posted by RSClipse9d7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
W3's aren't bad subs but I don't really like JL. Subs that are used for half a year I wouldn't consider bardly used though... listen to them and if you like how they sound then offer him something a little less. Do you have anything if your car now? If you do then hook them up in your car and see how it sounds... remember every car will sound different.
Someone about said something about the W7's... personally I think they suck. For the money you could get an Eclipse sub and blow the W7 away. If you are going to spend the money for high end JL audio subs then go with the W6.. but once again that's just what I think.
5607, RE: $200 bux for subs?
Posted by 95_TalonVT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The JL w7 series far from sucks. I am a big JL Audio enthusiast and I've heard a lot of sound systems (most of them JL). The W7 has some of the tighest bass.. it delivers awesome SPL and SQ for 1 10" woofer.

But two 10w3's will rock too, and if they come with a box.. I'd say $200 isn't half bad.. though I would definitely try and lower the price if possible.

The w6 series is definitely a great alternate to the price of the w7 series. I am personally going the new 12w6v2 route in my car. They have awesome SQ/SPL. I would not diss on Eclipse subs either, however, I must say JL makes a great product (no I don't work for them).

Btw.. if you buy anything off E-bay and you are not given the dealer's receipt that the sub was purchased from.. I believe the warranty card they may or may not give you is a complete waste.
I generated this page in 0.009368896484375 seconds, executing 7 queries.