Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectHelp me buy my stereo. What should I get PLEASE HELP.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=4991
4991, Help me buy my stereo. What should I get PLEASE HELP.
Posted by 1998EclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm on E-Bay looking @ headunits. What brand should I go with, I'm trying to stay under $200-$300 I want a cool look and a bad ass sound, I don't have subs yet, just Infinity speakers. I just want a good CD player!!! My old CD player just isn't working right. I don't need mp3/XM compatable BS, I just want a cool looking good playing headunit. PLEASE help me out. thanks alot

4992, RE: Help me buy my stereo. What should I get PLEASE HELP.
Posted by SILVERNT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
alpine
4993, RE: Help me buy my stereo. What should I get PLEASE HELP.
Alright...Anymore suggestions. I had an Alpine in my truck it was an good sounding HU. What kind of Alpine should I get?!

4994, RE: Help me buy my stereo. What should I get PLEASE HELP.
Posted by OZ_GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Really depends on what you want out of it chip....

CDs, MP3s, Seperate Sub output....Deck power or preamp only...

Plus there is the pimp factor....Mptprized faces and cool effects and stuff.

I like my Alpine...its the 7995 like it says in my sig.

Visit Alpines site to compare the different models and then buy one off of ebay or something.... If you look in the latest car audio magazine evry featured car in there had an Alpine head unit....( they may be the F1 Status really expensive ones but they are still Alpine)

Chad

When do you get your rims man??

4995, RE: Help me buy my stereo. What should I get PLEASE HELP.
I just want a CD playa... Thanks for the ideas tho.

Peace.

-Chip

4996, RE: Help me buy my stereo. What should I get PLEASE HELP.
Posted by My9t5Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a sony cdx-750...something, it's pretty nice looking (and sounds great with the mono amp and 2 12's) but hard to find 'cuz they don't make 'em anymore...got it on e-bay for $100...
4997, RE: Help me buy my stereo. What should I get PLEASE HELP.
Posted by Dseclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm getting the Alpine 7894 Thursday. I got it off ebay for $309 shipped. I'll get it installed Thurs or Fri. I'm a big fan of Alpine. I'll tell you what I think.
4998, RE: Help me buy my stereo. What should I get PLEASE HELP.
^^^ thats the one I was looking @ when you get it in, tell me how it sounds...oh yeah, are you rockin' the stock speakers still? Anyhoo, PM me when you get it in!

4999, RE: Help me buy my stereo. What should I get PLEASE HELP.
Posted by Dseclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No stock speakers. I got Fosgates in the doors and some old Kenwoods in the back. Subs not in anymore blew an amp. But i'll give you my .02 on the HU.
5000, RE: Help me buy my stereo. What should I get PLEASE HELP.
Posted by python6586, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i love my pioneer its not the fanciest looking HU but it sounds great even with stock speakers make a huge difference in bass and overall clearity i got he pioneer 4400
5001, RE: Help me buy my stereo. What should I get PLEASE HELP.
Posted by fasterGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have the 7894 like you are looking at, I love it. Made my stock speakers sound mucho better. Its got some bling bling to it also, motorized face and mp3 player. I got mine for 304 shipped at www.discountsjungle.com

good luck with your decision, but I would go with alpine. They are the best decks on the market as long as you stay away from the cheap ones.
I generated this page in 0.0093319416046143 seconds, executing 7 queries.