Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectcan't figure out why alarm doesn't disarm with door key(factory alarm)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=3517
3517, can't figure out why alarm doesn't disarm with door key(factory alarm)
Posted by ecl98pse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'v checked the switch on the lock in the door and it works, but it doesn't disarm the alarm. what else could it be?

wait let me ask this fisrt. does the RS have an alarm option? because my rs has an alarm system from the factory but i wonder sometimes whether or not it is "the factory alarm"
3518, RE: can't figure out why alarm doesn't disarm with door key(factory alarm)
Posted by JohnnyCorona, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

if your talking about the passenger door thats normal, when i unlock the passenger side with the key the alarm goes off when i open the door. the driver side however should disarm it.

-johnny

"Few people understand
the psychology of dealing
with a highway traffic cop.
Normal speeders will panic
and immidiately pull over to
the side. This is wrong. It
arouses content in the cop
heart. Make the bastard
chase you, he will follow..."
3519, RE: can't figure out why alarm doesn't disarm with door key(factory alarm)
i'm talking about the drivers side.
3520, RE: can't figure out why alarm doesn't disarm with door key(factory alarm)
Posted by safedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mine does that too, I have aftermarket though, but I think the alarm has to disarm with the controller, think about it, if a theif reached in and simply unlocked your car I would hope the alarm would go off, its the same idea
3521, RE: can't figure out why alarm doesn't disarm with door key(factory alarm)
Posted by JohnnyCorona, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

not with a good alarm. with the stock alarm if you open a door, hood, or hatch without a key or remote the alarm goes off. i found that out the hard way by unlocking my door from the inside when the window was down.

-johnny

"Few people understand
the psychology of dealing
with a highway traffic cop.
Normal speeders will panic
and immidiately pull over to
the side. This is wrong. It
arouses content in the cop
heart. Make the bastard
chase you, he will follow..."
3522, RE: can't figure out why alarm doesn't disarm with door key(factory alarm)
well, i'm not sure what is wrong but my alarm doesn't go off when i open the hood or hatch, but it does go off if you open a door. and still doesn't disarm when use the key. x( anyone have any idea of what it could be.. maybe bad relay?
3523, RE: can't figure out why alarm doesn't disarm with door key(factory alarm)
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well were you able to disarm the alarm before with the key in the door? If not, then you may have an aftermarket alarm. From what i know, NO RS's have ever come with a factory installed alarm system. If it is a factory alarm, you need the transmitters i believe to arm it anyway..
I generated this page in 0.017125129699707 seconds, executing 7 queries.