Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectAmp Keeps Blowing Fuses
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=2673
2673, Amp Keeps Blowing Fuses
Posted by neovb, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The amp was fine when I was driving around. Turned off car, turned it back on and the subwoofer doesnt work. Turns out the two 20A inline fuses on the amp are blown. The I believe 40A fuse on the main line isnt blown. I replace the two fuses, turn the radio on and boom they blow again. I checked all the wiring, ground, power, signal, rca, everything is exactly as it was before. No shorts anywhere along the line. No matter what you do, the thing just keeps blowing the fuses as soon as you turn it on. Anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks!

BTW- its a Kenwood 600W amp w/ a Rockford Fosgate 10"

NeoVB
1997 Eclipse GS

2674, RE: Amp Keeps Blowing Fuses
Posted by icedout, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you have a direct short somewhere down the line. Check all connections again and trace the lines back out.........
2675, RE: Amp Keeps Blowing Fuses
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You say that you replaced the fuses then turned on your amp then the fuses blew? Or did the fuses blow right when you replaced them. If they don't blow until you turn on the Head unit, then i would say double check you sub wiring, and if thats ok, then its an internal amp problem. If the fuses blow right when you put them in, then check the power wire and its path.
I generated this page in 0.012984991073608 seconds, executing 7 queries.